Love my Avant
By parkcityxj on
2003 Audi A4 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
Been an awesome car, bought with 77K on it and now has 113K. Still running strong, I like to wrench on the car as a hobby and have saved lots of money. I've done the timing belt as a precaution. The only repairs I've had to do is disassemble the wiper motor which had frozen, a pain to do. I've also had to fix the rear main coolant flange, a cheap part. I have had a few coil packs go on me and I carry a spare. It's two min fix if one goes. I only use Audi Synthetic Oil and Audi fluids as well. I suggest if you buy an Audi, check out one of many Audi Forums. There are DIY write ups for nearly every repair. Original clutch is still holding strong too.
Favorite Features
I love the Avant and 5 speed, a rare combo. Absolutely is amazing in the snow. I live in UT and need good 4wd. By far the best snow vehicle I've ever driven. It's not fast but a great highway cruiser. I plan on a Ko4 Turbo when the stock one goes out. Also endless aftermarket parts too.
Suggested Improvements
The cupholders stink, worst ever in a car. The blind spots are terrible too, need to get wide angle mirrors. Being 6'3" the B pillar is right next to my head, making the blind spot worse. Wouldn't mind a stiffer suspension and a few more hp. But that's easily solved w/ aftermarket products.
By eolach
on 04/07/11 09:41 AM (PDT)

There is an open recall on your coils. I have an '03 A4 Quattro and I had the same problems with the coils. They change them at the dealer and I have had no problems since.