Great car, but reliability issues
By Brian on
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
I bought this car certified used with 43k miles on it. I have driven Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, BMW and Mercedes. In general this is a great and solid feeling car. Outstanding interior which I like even better than the new models. Strong performance (acceleration a little light), and fabulous in the snow. Great car when things are working. Some reliability issues. Car got stuck in tiptronic day 1. Received flats on 3 of 4 pirelli tires that came with. Antenna had to be fixed, wipers got stuck vertical on windshield, had to replace brakes, fix broken wiper fluid tube, and engine steamed up once. I have never felt that the car would stop running on me, but things always need to be fixed.
Favorite Features
Interior (wood trim) is outstanding. Great handling, car feels like you are riding between rail tracks. Quattro is unreal in the snow. Fun to drive and comfortable, great mix between the two.
Suggested Improvements
Acceleration is good, but not outstanding. Cup Holders. Stronger reliability. I now always fear that the warning in the dash will come up and warn me of another issue, and hundreds more on repairs. Costly repairs. I would like to hold on to for a while, but can't accept many more issues.