Good car with some extra cost
By Maximo on
2003 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
Wow, I will probably buy another Audi, but I will do so more informed. The car is a thrill to drive and relatively good on the gas with out a lead foot. That said it takes premium fuel to push this wagon. Don't believe you can sub 87 octain every now and then, it will foul the spark plugs. If you are a DITYer be careful driving this car on to a hydraulic lift, the sport suspension does not allow enough clearance to prevent high centering. I bought this car used in Oct '06 for about 16.5K two years later it is at least as valuble as what I still owe.
Favorite Features
Corners like it is on rails, and the govenor electronically holds it at 137mph I would probably have killed myself in it otherwise. The in dash 6 disc cd changer puts out great sound and the whole system interfaces with the dash display. A very sophisticated car overall. Mileage 22-25 city 29- 32hwy.
Suggested Improvements
Plastic around the door handles is starting to flake which makes the nice interior look a little ratty. Center console rubs against my leg in the driver seat(5'11" 190lbs). The ODB II codes it spits out are a little cryptic compared to other models making it difficult to diagnosis a problem.