Used 2003 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi A4

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Perfect combination ...
By peterr

2003 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned several convertibles from Triumphs to Mercedes, I have never had one as perfect as the Audi A4 Cabrio. Imagine a car that treats you well when cruising the boulevard and at the same time lets you throw it into a corner at heart pounding speeds. A car that handles like a sports car but lets you take 3 friends along for the ride. Ar car that makes your 10 wife look like an 11 and gets you all the looks you need. PERFECT.

Favorite Features

I got the sport and premium package, I recommend it to anyone looking at this car.

Suggested Improvements

Looking forward to trading it in for the 2009 V8 S4 version.

Bitter Sweet
By audifan16

2003 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I came across a "too good to be true" deal on a 2003 1.8t Convertible which I roughly invested $2500 into. First thing that went bad was the Ignition coil. ($1,200 repair for 2 coils) which now I know will cost under $200 to replace all 4 (Thanks to YouTube and AutoZone.) Second thing gone bad was the drivers side CV Joint ($500 inluding towing and went bad again because I bought a cheap replacement) Now with my 3 month visit to the pothole capital, NYC, Ive replaced ALL front control arms which were already bad and Drivers Side CV Joint ($491 on ECS Tuning and $500 Labor at Lennys Auto Service in Brighton beach and I AM SO SO HAPPY with the results. This car is a dream to drive and a keeper

Favorite Features

I love the: -Convertible Top -Panty Dropping Styling -Handling -Body Kit Options -Interior -Fit and Finish ETC. Overall, this car has WAY more pros than cons. This car is VERY safe and love the onboard computers. Saved my ass big time in snowey/Icey road conditions. BUT (and its a BIG BUT) If you cant afford to maintain it when needed, Buy a boring all too common, typical, run of the mill american or Japanese car. German cars are built for those who love luxury sports cars with superb handling and able to separate themselves from the masses. I LOVE MY AUDI.

Suggested Improvements

Bushing Quality MUST be improved. Plastics in the interior need to be of higher quality.

One Great Car!!
By Shay

2003 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I love to drive this vehicle. It is my first convertible. No Hassles, just push a button to open and close top.

Favorite Features

The top hides inside the body of the car. So the body of the car is sleek when the top is down and none of the top is exposed.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spot on the right rear and no room for rear passengers, but having a back seat lowers insurance costs I'm sure.

Great ride!
By trigger

2003 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Very pleased with the aesthetic, performance, and ride! CVT is terrifac despite my initial misgivings.

Favorite Features

CVT and cars great design

Suggested Improvements

Even more power!

Big time fun
By A&D

2003 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Just got our new 2004 puppy, love at first sight, great handling , zippy highway performance, no miles but still getting 26mpg. top operation is a snap "1 finger" confort plus in the seats,even with back problems this car is confortable. Would recommend to anyone who wants a class act convertable.

Favorite Features

Rear detachable windscreen really keeps the back flow out, can listen to the great sounds or talk without difficulty, interior and options are outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

None thought of at this point, a tad more punch coming off the line would be nice.