Used 2003 Audi A4 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi A4 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Don't call it a wagon
By notawagon

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

An absolutely wonderful machine, and a wonderful buy. The avant is a perfect balance of sportiness, luxury, utility, safety, and fuel economy for the job.

Razor sharp handling, hot design, safety features, the quattro system, the build quality, the above EPA fuel economy, the quiet ride, a nice full sized spare with wheel, the BOSE!!!!

A 6 six speed manual- the engine revs are to high in 5th gear at speeds above 80 mph. The ski sack is hard as hell to put back. There should be steering wheel volume controls.

Great Stuff!
By Joost

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My car is 9 months old and I have driven it across Canada and then to Boston. First gear has been a little stiff, but at 12,000 miles it has finally broke-in. The car is fantastic. The 3.0L engine I think is essential since the car is quite heavy. I test drove the 1.8L Tubo engine but found that it hesitates when you step on the gas which can be a little scary when you want the power to get out of a problem. Gas milage is great in the 3.0L...much like a four cylander. I highly reccomend this car.

Great performance. Quiet ride. Excellent gas milage for a six cylander. Xenon lights!!!!!

Standardize the quality of service and mechanical aptitute at dealerships. Dealership in North Vancouver, Canada is far superior to the one in Brookline, USA.

Nirvana
By apfrompa

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As I'm in my 50's now, I've driven many different types of vehicles but mostly Japanese, including Lexus. The ride of this vehicle supersedes by far anything I have owned or tested in performance, comfort, handling, and confidence. As I explained to a friend, this car could die on me tomorrow, and I wouldn't care because the time spent with it already has provided enough pleasure for a lifetime. Buy it, you won't regret it.

Impeccable handling and rapid throttle response.

The center arm rest interferes with shifting.

Better than BMW
By 1/4 scale

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is by far the most beautifully designed stationwagon on the market. I looked at Saab (too expensive), Volvo (no performance features), BMW (the 3-series is to small and the 5-series is over-priced), and the Ford Focus (well ...). The A4 Avant is a good value for $30,000, it will serve our family well and at the same time be fun and exciting to drive in the years ahead

Exterior design is wonderful. The interior is impeccable, far better than cars costing quite a bit more. Also, the A4 is rare when compared with, say, a 3-series (I'm tired of seeing 3-series BMWs!).

Audi needs to develop a more powerful engine program at a reasonable cost. The 4-cylinder/turbo concept should change for the next generation A4. Otherwise, the gains in gas mileage with the 4 banger makes up for this peformance loss IMHO.

Best Value in it's class.
By GaryC

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got this one after a 01 BMW 325CI 5spd. Performance is better than expected. The handling is great, better than my BMW. Seat has more adjustments but slightly less comfortable. Initial quality is superb. Car is tight and very solid. Cup holders have been improved. More features than BMW and a better value, looks better to(4 Door).

Sport mode, power closing mirrors, Onstar.

Change the trim around the trans. Too easy to scratch. Include a color display DVD based NAV option.