Used 2003 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

A4 at 1 year - problems
By yoyo_1270

2003 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

In this "maintenance-free" first year, my A4 had headlight problems, low oil problems (I don't drive hard either), vibrations and major engine problems. My engine problems consist of a number 1 & 5 error, which is one tiny step away from replacing the entire engine. It appears that only 4 of the 6 pistons are working.Lovely! I feel this car is one of the sleekest cars on the market and a killer performer. However, the reliability, fuel economy and price (mine=38000) are so bad I don't recommend this car to anyone. If you love AWD and Audi, go with the A6/A8. Audi doesn’t cut the same corners with the A6/A8 as with the A4. But you will pay the big bucks

Head turner!
By VenTTed

2003 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Great car (this is our second Audi) and my wife loves it. It will be her dily driver and she's captivated by it. The CVT tranny though results in a VERY slow pick up as you initially accelerate. Once moving, this car is impressive in all areas for a 'cruiser' and a blast to drive. In two weeks, we have 1800 miles on it.

Heated seats, and one button top up/down button, underseat storage.

V6 engine would be a great improvement. The 170 hp Turbo is just not enough for this car - especially given the car weight.. it's heavy.

Audi A4 3.0 AWD 6M
By calamato

2003 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased an Audi A4 3.0 after driving a VW Passat for 3 years. So far, I am very pleased with all this car has to offer. Performance wise, I think it is among the top in its class. It is extremely comfortable, although this may not be the case for rear passengers. The interior is ultra luxurious, and the exterior is classy. However, I do think the navigation system on the A4s need much improvement. (You only get an arrow to tell you which direction you need to go).

Multifunction steering wheel, All-wheel drive, Bose speakers.

Cup holders are not ideal in location. Fuel economy is suboptimal but expected for a 6 cylinder.

Loads of fun to drive+Stylish to boot
By IllinioisAudiDriver

2003 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. It has everything I wanted: sporty, fun to drive, powerful, yet classy and luxurious. Much better priced than BMWs, and a whole lot classier of an interior than anything else in its class.

Handling is fabulous. Interior styling is incredible. I feel I'm in my living room!

Center console gets warm during drive.

Just what the doctor ordered!
By dthahn

2003 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Prior to this purchase, I had looked at the BMW 330i, Lexus IS300, & Infinity G35. The exterior/interior quality, performance, and amenities make the A4 the best choice. The CVT provides quick acceleration; the premium package offers great comfort. I can't say enough about the sports package which makes this car a joy to drive. I love the automatic heated and dimming sideview mirrors, dual climate zone, fully automatic seats, and Bose sound system. This car is SOLID!!

Exterior and interior beauty, sports package.

Pump up the horsepower!!