Used 2003 Audi A4 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Great car!
By Judy K.

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my Avant for 16 months and love it as much now as the day I bought it. It is a pleasure to drive, the most comfortable vehicle I have owned, and dependable. Although I am pushing 60 years of age now, I enjoy the power and sports-like handling this car provides. There is nothing like the way it makes you feel when you get it out on some country roads and put it through its paces!

Favorite Features

Nice basic body styling with a hint of muscle. Gas milage better than expected for a 3.0L engine, ranging between 23 and 28 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

The front center arm rest gets in the way. Audi has thought of averything else.

Love My Avant 3.0!
By stevenyc

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for about 2 years now and I still relish the chance to drive it every time I get into it. The Avant is very practical and the added cargo room has helped immensely with the occasional trek to the neighborhood mega hardware store. So many extra design details: drawers under seats, first-aid kit, cockpit lighting to aid driver...so much to mention. Reliability has been very good. Better than the Toyotas that my parents have bought. Don't believe the CR reports. They are lies and strongly biased towards Japanese cars. Check this out: http://www.allpar.com/cr.html

Favorite Features

Beautiful design inside and out. Sticks to the road like glue...like riding on rails! SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY. So many Safety features. No fears driving loved ones around in this car.

Suggested Improvements

None except maybe a little better gas mileage...but I guess that's the price for Quattro all-wheel drive.

Outstanding Machine
By Tony Libaridian

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned Audis for 7 years now and this car is definately one of my favorites. Beautiful design, performance, and buid quality. This car is one of the reasons why I will never buy anything but an Audi. There is no better car in the sport wagon segment.

Favorite Features

Quattro!!! And A design that turns heads and gets coments almost everyday. All-around performance is great.

Suggested Improvements

Could have a little more power, but still enough to keep me happy.

German Delight
By shirow

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for about 9 months now and it has been a real pleasure to drive. The handling is superb and the power is adequate. The interior is exquisite and luxurious. We've had no problems in 5500 miles except for a bad seat memory module. Gas mileage is improving as I am still in the break- in period. Overall, I've had a fantastic experience with this car.

Favorite Features

Seat memory, steering wheel controls for radio/cd player, sunroof, auto blinker for lane change, gauge rings, and Xenon headlights!

Suggested Improvements

Improve leg room, since right leg hits the center console for driver. Eliminate minor throttle lag for tiptronic.

Great Value
By 03Avant1.8T

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is an excellent vehicle for the price. I went from a SUV to the Avant and don't regret it one bit. Especially when I fill tank. Just buy some racks and put all the toys on top. The trunk is also just a littl to small to fit golf clubs in the back. So I just fold down one of seats. Although I am a bit concern now since after 18000 miles a oil leak on the cam seal was discovered. I just hope this is not an on-going issue. Other than that a very reliable car.

Favorite Features

Acceleration.. This baby flies. The exterior styling is a real head turner. I like it better than the sedan. I just wish they offered the european aero kits in the US.

Suggested Improvements

Offer european Aero dynamic kits in US. Larger trunk to fit a set of golf clubs. Maybe remove the storage bins on the side panels.