2003 Audi A4 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
looks,quality,surefooted, but no go!
By srivet on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

When we got the A4 avant for my wife a year ago,we knew the car was a beauty,and we suspected great built quality,and we got it. What we did not know is that the 1.8turbo matched to the 5 speed auto is almost slow,noisy at high rpms,and very thirsty for so few inches. Why offer this combo to such unsuspecting public?I know the torque is excellent and that there is almost no turbo lag,but pleeeeaaase, at 37 grands out the door,we deserve better performance!. Apart from that,it is very comfortable,handles beautifully, and a very pleasant place to spend time in ,unless you are going up a slope,fully loaded,with the dog in the back.

Not perfect but pretty good
By jth on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After about 1500 mi of mixed driving I find that I am still getting acclimated to this car. I special ordered to avoid the sunroof and had to wait 4 months for the car. Fit and finish are first rate, handling is excellent, gas mileage is about what I expected, which is to say mediocre so far. My two significant complaints center on the radio which has absolutely horrible AM reception, and the back end which doesn't fit my golf clubs(my bad for not checking).

All round performer , with cargo space
By fppima on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Owning this car has been a thrill! Been able to move everything from furniture to friends in a sports like fashion. Owned a Focus wagon before as the work car, for home improvements an regular work because of supposed gas milage. WHAT A JOKE! Never better than 18 city/27highway now I get with a true vechile 22city/30highway with the advantages of safety, fun and reliablity.

An 800-Mile Impression (now that's new)
By Linda on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The fit and finish of this vehicle is amazing. If you want to know what I mean, check out the door jams between the Audi A4 Avant and the Volvo V40 the next time you are at a car show. The paint is perfect. We already have one tiny nick and can see the undercoating - no bare metal. So the metal is very well protected.

More Cruiserweight than Comfort Cruiser
By SeanCostello on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We chose the A4 Avant because we needed more space than a compact sports sedan, but didn't want to drive a brick-like SUV. Boy has the Audi delivered. It is a joy to drive, with smooth accelration and endless road-holding. In addition to holding the asphalt, the car holds more cargo in the boot than you could ever imagine for a car of its size. The interior is quiet, and every control is easy to use and within a finger's reach. Everything about the car feels rock solid. Audi engineers have thought of everything, the result is the car contnues to reward hard driving and daily commuting.

Very, Very Solid
By enthusiastic driver on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

solid car! I've driven it in many situations snow, rain, anything, and its always unflappable. The 4 has enough power, and while it may lack some of the grunt of the v6, it is cheaper, gets better gas mileage, and has plenty of power in pretty much any circumstance (never had any problem merging). Inside, the interior design is top- notch and one of the best I've seen, very well organized. Everything is very intuitive. I'd strongly recommend this to anyone who is lookin for brisk (but not boy-racer) transport in any conditions with room for 4 adults and a dog/a lot of their stuff. GETQUATTRO, IF IT WORKS ITS MAGIC ONCE, YOU'VE PAID FOR IT

Love my wagon
By bananadan on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My BMW X5 had constant niggling breakdowns. The A4: otally reliable. Fantastic acceleration. The car will go as fast as you can stand to drive it, in any weather, although with a little less grace (but more traction) than my ex-328i BMW. Wonderful and highly adjustable seats. Not roomy in back, but great for post-kids. Very well built (no defects, and I haven't seen my dealership since purchase!) Gas mileage, which was mediocre at first, has improved over 7K miles to what Audi says on sticker. Climate control needs to be futzed with to stay comfortable in changing outside conditions. Awesome brakes! Overall experience: fantastic with just very minor quibbles.

Just Don't Call it a "Wagon"
By MyDawg007 on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a fabulous car. Audi really raised the bar with their latest version of the A4 . First of all, it is one if the best looking mass-produced vehicles going. (Why would anyone buy the A6? There's not THAT much more room.)Its design elements are in perfect balance - inside & out. The sport suspension works great (its hunkered-down stance looks fabulous too). Very, very nice car. Get one.

Love our 3.0 A4 Avant
By FOGRover on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car. We love it, but hated the Pirelli P6 tires that came with it. They were allergic to gravel roads. The Bridgestone replacements are doing great.

Quietly sensational
By colin hansford on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is a joy to look at and drive. Winter in Upstate NY has been brutal this year and I was concerned that the 17" all-season tires would be an issue. Not so. I bought tiptronic as other family members can't drive stick but Tiptronic really is a great compromise, I use it all the time, slick fast and efficient changes. Can't wait for spring / summer to wash the salt off, get wax on, and get the sunroof open.