2003 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
I wish I never bought this car!
By qe212 on 05/13/09 10:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my A4 in November of 2006 with 33K miles and now have 64K on it. I live in New England and wanted a 4 wheel drive sedan. In the three years I have owned the car I've replaced the windshield wiper motor twice ($500 each) and the windshield washer pump once! I've also had to replace the the rack and pinion steering, all 6 ignition cylinders, timing belt and water pump (Audi recommendation = $1200), brakes. I'm at the point I'm afraid to drive the car on any long trips and use it as little as possible. I'll be trading it in soon for a Honda Civic (going to take a hit on the trade in value and what I owe) but I just can't afford to keep the Audi.

Perfect combination ...
By peterr on 03/26/09 06:28 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned several convertibles from Triumphs to Mercedes, I have never had one as perfect as the Audi A4 Cabrio. Imagine a car that treats you well when cruising the boulevard and at the same time lets you throw it into a corner at heart pounding speeds. A car that handles like a sports car but lets you take 3 friends along for the ride. Ar car that makes your 10 wife look like an 11 and gets you all the looks you need. PERFECT.

Never buy an Audi
By Toppro on 08/31/06 11:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After owning a 1998 A4 1.8T quatro, and an older Porsche Boxster I traded them both in due to age not condition for this A4 Cabriolet. What a mistake! After 8 months of ownership the car has been in the shop for a variety of problems ranging from electrical problems with the fuel injection system, to stupid items like the front windshield fogging up in the summer with the A/C on and top up. The car constantly has an issue with it to the point that you cannot enjoy it. You're always waiting for the next issue to occur. Audi has gotten over confident of their product since 98 and the quality is now very poor. I would recommend you look elsewhere for a vehicle in this price range.

Love it
By jsbennettii on 05/26/06 12:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my wife and an S6 Avant for myself. Both are great cars. I have driven 8 Mercedes cars in the 20 years prior and now you couldn't get me to buy one if they went on sale for 25% off. I only wish I had waited and gotten quattro in the A4 Cabriolet. It was not offered at the time I purchased the '03. Also...I would have been happy with the later issued A 4S Cab. My S 6 Avant has spoiled me. I can't wait to buy my next one...and think I may get an A3 for my son's college graduation. Audi rocks

Best Cabriolet Ever Driven or Made
By GR8TA4 on 01/15/06 13:09 PM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This cabriolet with the 3.0L power plant and the awesome handling of the Audi suspension and body design has been very impressive. We have driven a lot of highway miles on it and find it to be comfortable at the end of a 700 mile day, quite a statement for a sports rated vehicle and unlike any that we have had before. If you buy one beware it is addictive. If you have one you already know.

I hate my car!!!
By Wiseguymc on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car is loud, has no power, and it handles like a truck. Audi service is poor. I have received better service from General Motors, Honda and Toyota dealers. Do yourself a favor and buy a CLK320 from Mercedes.

awesome
By alo on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

best car ever driven!!!!

Fast and Fun, off the dial
By hellspeed on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After comparing BMW 330, Saab 9-3 Volvo S90 I purchased the A4 3.0. with full package except nav and sport. Found the sport option made the car too road stiff and the nav was more confusing than it was worth. Driven full out with governor off, speedo maxed out and then some, It moves well. If you want to burn rubber at start then use the triptronic shifter, othwerwise the CVT is smooth. Overall have had several high end autos, this is one of the best.

Great Rag Top
By caringeagle on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Fast, fun, sporty. Comfortable. CVT is wonderful, makes for smooooth driving. Drive with top down Apr.-Oct.

Can't wait for my 2nd summer!
By 03a4 on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I had the top down today on the first day of spring in Chicago, and even the anti-war protesters on Michigan Ave gave admiring glances. I have 6600 miles on my red A4 cab since 12/02, mostly short hops in the city. No problems with the car at all - fit and finish were as good as my prior new cars, a Nissan 200SX and a Lexus SC300. I would recommend this car without hesitation. I considered the BMW 330i, the MB CLK 320, the Infiniti G35 coupe, and a few otehr import convertibles, and still believe that the A4 is the best combination of style, performance, and value.