Used 2003 Audi A4 3.0 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

I wish I never bought this car!
By qe212

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my A4 in November of 2006 with 33K miles and now have 64K on it. I live in New England and wanted a 4 wheel drive sedan. In the three years I have owned the car I've replaced the windshield wiper motor twice ($500 each) and the windshield washer pump once! I've also had to replace the the rack and pinion steering, all 6 ignition cylinders, timing belt and water pump (Audi recommendation = $1200), brakes. I'm at the point I'm afraid to drive the car on any long trips and use it as little as possible. I'll be trading it in soon for a Honda Civic (going to take a hit on the trade in value and what I owe) but I just can't afford to keep the Audi.

It's great in snow and rain.

Perfect combination ...
By peterr

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned several convertibles from Triumphs to Mercedes, I have never had one as perfect as the Audi A4 Cabrio. Imagine a car that treats you well when cruising the boulevard and at the same time lets you throw it into a corner at heart pounding speeds. A car that handles like a sports car but lets you take 3 friends along for the ride. Ar car that makes your 10 wife look like an 11 and gets you all the looks you need. PERFECT.

I got the sport and premium package, I recommend it to anyone looking at this car.

Looking forward to trading it in for the 2009 V8 S4 version.

Never buy an Audi
By Toppro

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After owning a 1998 A4 1.8T quatro, and an older Porsche Boxster I traded them both in due to age not condition for this A4 Cabriolet. What a mistake! After 8 months of ownership the car has been in the shop for a variety of problems ranging from electrical problems with the fuel injection system, to stupid items like the front windshield fogging up in the summer with the A/C on and top up. The car constantly has an issue with it to the point that you cannot enjoy it. You're always waiting for the next issue to occur. Audi has gotten over confident of their product since 98 and the quality is now very poor. I would recommend you look elsewhere for a vehicle in this price range.

The convertible top.

Love it
By jsbennettii

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my wife and an S6 Avant for myself. Both are great cars. I have driven 8 Mercedes cars in the 20 years prior and now you couldn't get me to buy one if they went on sale for 25% off. I only wish I had waited and gotten quattro in the A4 Cabriolet. It was not offered at the time I purchased the '03. Also...I would have been happy with the later issued A 4S Cab. My S 6 Avant has spoiled me. I can't wait to buy my next one...and think I may get an A3 for my son's college graduation. Audi rocks

Quattro is a great feature...worth getting a later model to have this feature. At the time I didn't understand how much better the car handles w/ Quattro.

I think I'd slim the body a bit in the rear. It is hard to have a sense where the rear end is when parking. Also I would love to have the new cruise control offered in the Q7 available in the A4 Cab.

Best Cabriolet Ever Driven or Made
By GR8TA4

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This cabriolet with the 3.0L power plant and the awesome handling of the Audi suspension and body design has been very impressive. We have driven a lot of highway miles on it and find it to be comfortable at the end of a 700 mile day, quite a statement for a sports rated vehicle and unlike any that we have had before. If you buy one beware it is addictive. If you have one you already know.

For my wife the heated seats!! For the fun of it the handling, the cornering, the smoothness of the CVT transmission. For the cost per mile of maintenance it is impressive. For the looks that others comment on about the lines of the car, it is a pleasure to spend the day polishing it and then...

Find something that goes in the blank plate by the drink holder. Design a defroster/AC that doesn't frost up the middle of the windshield, and find a sealer for the "metal" parts that doesn't dull out so quickly. Nit picking stuff, but 99% a great vehicle