2003 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Bitter Sweet
By audifan16 on 01/28/14 12:46 PM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I came across a "too good to be true" deal on a 2003 1.8t Convertible which I roughly invested $2500 into. First thing that went bad was the Ignition coil. ($1,200 repair for 2 coils) which now I know will cost under $200 to replace all 4 (Thanks to YouTube and AutoZone.) Second thing gone bad was the drivers side CV Joint ($500 inluding towing and went bad again because I bought a cheap replacement) Now with my 3 month visit to the pothole capital, NYC, Ive replaced ALL front control arms which were already bad and Drivers Side CV Joint ($491 on ECS Tuning and $500 Labor at Lennys Auto Service in Brighton beach and I AM SO SO HAPPY with the results. This car is a dream to drive and a keeper

I wish I never bought this car!
By qe212 on 05/13/09 10:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my A4 in November of 2006 with 33K miles and now have 64K on it. I live in New England and wanted a 4 wheel drive sedan. In the three years I have owned the car I've replaced the windshield wiper motor twice ($500 each) and the windshield washer pump once! I've also had to replace the the rack and pinion steering, all 6 ignition cylinders, timing belt and water pump (Audi recommendation = $1200), brakes. I'm at the point I'm afraid to drive the car on any long trips and use it as little as possible. I'll be trading it in soon for a Honda Civic (going to take a hit on the trade in value and what I owe) but I just can't afford to keep the Audi.

Perfect combination ...
By peterr on 03/26/09 06:28 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned several convertibles from Triumphs to Mercedes, I have never had one as perfect as the Audi A4 Cabrio. Imagine a car that treats you well when cruising the boulevard and at the same time lets you throw it into a corner at heart pounding speeds. A car that handles like a sports car but lets you take 3 friends along for the ride. Ar car that makes your 10 wife look like an 11 and gets you all the looks you need. PERFECT.

Lemonade on Wheel
By Lemonade Vendor on 12/06/08 07:21 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

First of all, this is the worst car I've ever owned. Second of all, the worst car I ever owned...now you got my point. At 57k miles replaced the CVT transmission ($8K), CV boot 4x, headlight every 3-6months, it goes on. Never will ever buy or own an Audi again, worst than Yugo and I'd rather drive a Pacer.

2003 Audi A4 convertible
By Steve53 on 07/13/07 16:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I just purchased a 2003 A4 convertible a few weeks ago. So far I really enjoy driving the car, especially with the top down. It has a little turbo lag but once you get going, it's very smooth. Overall, I really like this car and would recommend it if you want a fun convertible with a back seat. The back seat is small, however, and can only fit two young children I would say.

Never buy an Audi
By Toppro on 08/31/06 11:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After owning a 1998 A4 1.8T quatro, and an older Porsche Boxster I traded them both in due to age not condition for this A4 Cabriolet. What a mistake! After 8 months of ownership the car has been in the shop for a variety of problems ranging from electrical problems with the fuel injection system, to stupid items like the front windshield fogging up in the summer with the A/C on and top up. The car constantly has an issue with it to the point that you cannot enjoy it. You're always waiting for the next issue to occur. Audi has gotten over confident of their product since 98 and the quality is now very poor. I would recommend you look elsewhere for a vehicle in this price range.

Love it
By jsbennettii on 05/26/06 12:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my wife and an S6 Avant for myself. Both are great cars. I have driven 8 Mercedes cars in the 20 years prior and now you couldn't get me to buy one if they went on sale for 25% off. I only wish I had waited and gotten quattro in the A4 Cabriolet. It was not offered at the time I purchased the '03. Also...I would have been happy with the later issued A 4S Cab. My S 6 Avant has spoiled me. I can't wait to buy my next one...and think I may get an A3 for my son's college graduation. Audi rocks

One Great Car!!
By Shay on 04/05/06 14:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I love to drive this vehicle. It is my first convertible. No Hassles, just push a button to open and close top.

Best Cabriolet Ever Driven or Made
By GR8TA4 on 01/15/06 13:09 PM (PST)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This cabriolet with the 3.0L power plant and the awesome handling of the Audi suspension and body design has been very impressive. We have driven a lot of highway miles on it and find it to be comfortable at the end of a 700 mile day, quite a statement for a sports rated vehicle and unlike any that we have had before. If you buy one beware it is addictive. If you have one you already know.

I hate my car!!!
By Wiseguymc on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car is loud, has no power, and it handles like a truck. Audi service is poor. I have received better service from General Motors, Honda and Toyota dealers. Do yourself a favor and buy a CLK320 from Mercedes.