Used 2003 Audi A4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Bitter Sweet
By audifan16

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I came across a "too good to be true" deal on a 2003 1.8t Convertible which I roughly invested $2500 into. First thing that went bad was the Ignition coil. ($1,200 repair for 2 coils) which now I know will cost under $200 to replace all 4 (Thanks to YouTube and AutoZone.) Second thing gone bad was the drivers side CV Joint ($500 inluding towing and went bad again because I bought a cheap replacement) Now with my 3 month visit to the pothole capital, NYC, Ive replaced ALL front control arms which were already bad and Drivers Side CV Joint ($491 on ECS Tuning and $500 Labor at Lennys Auto Service in Brighton beach and I AM SO SO HAPPY with the results. This car is a dream to drive and a keeper

I love the: -Convertible Top -Panty Dropping Styling -Handling -Body Kit Options -Interior -Fit and Finish ETC. Overall, this car has WAY more pros than cons. This car is VERY safe and love the onboard computers. Saved my ass big time in snowey/Icey road conditions. BUT (and its a BIG BUT) If you cant afford to maintain it when needed, Buy a boring all too common, typical, run of the mill american or Japanese car. German cars are built for those who love luxury sports cars with superb handling and able to separate themselves from the masses. I LOVE MY AUDI.

Bushing Quality MUST be improved. Plastics in the interior need to be of higher quality.

I wish I never bought this car!
By qe212

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my A4 in November of 2006 with 33K miles and now have 64K on it. I live in New England and wanted a 4 wheel drive sedan. In the three years I have owned the car I've replaced the windshield wiper motor twice ($500 each) and the windshield washer pump once! I've also had to replace the the rack and pinion steering, all 6 ignition cylinders, timing belt and water pump (Audi recommendation = $1200), brakes. I'm at the point I'm afraid to drive the car on any long trips and use it as little as possible. I'll be trading it in soon for a Honda Civic (going to take a hit on the trade in value and what I owe) but I just can't afford to keep the Audi.

It's great in snow and rain.

Perfect combination ...
By peterr

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned several convertibles from Triumphs to Mercedes, I have never had one as perfect as the Audi A4 Cabrio. Imagine a car that treats you well when cruising the boulevard and at the same time lets you throw it into a corner at heart pounding speeds. A car that handles like a sports car but lets you take 3 friends along for the ride. Ar car that makes your 10 wife look like an 11 and gets you all the looks you need. PERFECT.

I got the sport and premium package, I recommend it to anyone looking at this car.

Looking forward to trading it in for the 2009 V8 S4 version.

Lemonade on Wheel
By Lemonade Vendor

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

First of all, this is the worst car I've ever owned. Second of all, the worst car I ever owned...now you got my point. At 57k miles replaced the CVT transmission ($8K), CV boot 4x, headlight every 3-6months, it goes on. Never will ever buy or own an Audi again, worst than Yugo and I'd rather drive a Pacer.

Handling and convertible but can't enjoy it becuase everytime start the engine I'm always worried what will break next.

Everything...build a reliable car

2003 Audi A4 convertible
By Steve53

2003 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I just purchased a 2003 A4 convertible a few weeks ago. So far I really enjoy driving the car, especially with the top down. It has a little turbo lag but once you get going, it's very smooth. Overall, I really like this car and would recommend it if you want a fun convertible with a back seat. The back seat is small, however, and can only fit two young children I would say.

Xenon lights, Bose 6 in-dash CD, power heated seats, convertible, interior lighting, comfortable seats.

Get rid of those terrible cupholders!! Little less turbo lag. More room in back seats.

• SUV