2002 Audi A4 Consumer Review: What a great design

2002 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

1.8T Avant quattro Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

What a great design
By Mike B on

2002 Audi A4 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The driver's experience is clearly what the engineers had in mind when designing this car. The engine delivery and transmission shifts are silky smooth. The turbo layout turns a usually puny 1.8 litre 4 banger into a fun and almost organic feeling torquey little animal! Audi has designed the drivetrain well. The interior and exterior both have the same concept in mind. Clean and sexy lookin. Some of my friends chuckle at me getting the wagon but I love it. It's just way to versitile to pass up. I play hockey and have a Big German Shepherd. I need the space. The other day I had three big dogs in the back and they all had room to lie down and relax on our trip.

Favorite Features

The simple sexy design. The drivetrain performance and smoothness. The fuel economy. The handling is top notch. Overall I just really enjoy driving this car. Great sound system also. I love the room also.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs a 6 speed, come on Audi! I'm at too high an RPM at highway speeds. The seat recliner wheel seems silly. I'm worried about electrical issues from other's reviews. I have had one issue with the radio. The cup holders and center arm rest are kind of awkward.