May I have Another!
By Shaughn357 on
2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I was hesitant to purchase another VW built car after the dismal experience I had with my 1999 VW Passat but I went ahead and purchsed a 2002 Audi Quattro A4. I am very happy with the car. I drive my cars hard and put at least 20k miles/year commuting to work and I have yet to experience any major problems. The car handles great on the highway and in third gear at 3000rpm, there isn't many cars she cannot pass. The secret to keeping these cars in great shape is to find a reputable mechanic who knows and works on Audi cars daily. Knowing that I drive my cars hard i take it in the shop about every two months for a checkup. I was also prudent and purchased the 100k extended warranty.
Favorite Features
AWD, exterior styling, comfortable on long trips and just damn fun to drive on windy back roads.
Suggested Improvements
The car accelerates quickly but could definately use a few more horses. The trick to being quicker is knowing when to shift. The rubber material used on the door hand rest and knobs is annoying as it wears off after only a few years. I will upgrade to the A6 when I purchase a newer car next year.