2002 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
As expected
By Nuella on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I work for an VW/Audi dealer so the maintenance "issues" are taken care of immediately, however I did not appreciate the coil going at 3000 miles. I was told the "vender" was having trouble with the new design. I see many more Audi's come in on flatbeds than VW's. One thing I can definitely say is it's the best car ever in snow which it why I bought the car and also for safety. I have seen many a customer who has literally walked away from accidents that in any other cars would not have. Quattro is a very good system and please do not let anyone tell you that the BMW is the same, it is not ask any mechanic they'll tell you the difference.

A4 is a Perfect Balance
By jfaxio on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Although not as quick as the BMW 3 series, but just as refined as the Mercedes Benz C Class, my 2002 A4 3.0 Quattro is a perfect vehicle for my 40 mile reverse highway commute. Depending on your mood, leave it to the plush interior and sound system, or the "Quattro-supreme" road manners to keep you grinning from ear to ear. My only complaint is a lack of low end torque from the V6 engine. I've had this car for 6 months, and still get a kick out of driving to and from work. JF

Be careful what ya dream about
By sarge1 on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Car has all options .Never again!!!For a car in this price range to have so many problems.Coil pack failure (stranded),brake failure(stranded)horn failure(needed for inspection,took 7 months to get)and many other problems.Dealer acts like I'm bothering him with my problems(they left fog light trim off and wouldn't return my calls)so Audi USA says to drive 60 miles to the next nearest dealer for future service.Like many others, I'm leary about taking this car on an extended trip.Glad I kept my old 1999 Olds Intrigue.It's my daily driver and has never let me down.

Quiet, smooth, confident
By Jester on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 20 years of driving strictly American cars, finally decided to test drive an Audi, and fell in love immediately. BMWs are excellent, but I felt like I was spending $5000 for the brand name. The A4 impresses with its power, solidity, quiet, and smoothness. Even more impressive: the interior, quite simply the nicest car interior I've ever seen. Little technology flourishes abound but don't get in the way (example: twist the mirror knob to the right and put the car in reverse, and the right mirror tilts down to show you the curb you're parallel parking toward). Overall, superb!

Great A4
By allanhof on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent all weather vehicle as snow and rain are a mere joke for this car. I have had a few minor problems however if you want bullet proof reliability buy Japanese. Low end power is suspect however once on the move the 1.8T is a great engine.

read the good AND bad!!!! BE OBJECTIVE!
By rdjames261 on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

so ive owned my A4 for about a year and a half, and now im on edmunds shopping for a decent used one. i consider myself a demanding driver and as a performance vehicle, it's a great ride. but in the shop 14 times over the past year is insane! clutch, suspension issues, ignition coils... the worst was being a center console (electronics) flake out that left me using a loner for a week. CONSIDERING aftermarket chip? risk screwing that powertrain warranty and you'll have the sweetest looking lawn ornament in town. i wanted this thing to work cause its sweet looking package. but ive learned much more about cars than i cared to through this headache.

Puts a smile on my face everytime
By intastella on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Overall this car is great. The design of the interior and exterior is second to none. Minimalist with depth is the best way I can describe it. It is truly the car's best feature. The seats are tight and spartan (base vinyl package), which does not bother me but annoyed others. The CVT drive is smooth as silk at speed but off the line it can jump. I have learned to control the acceleration better though I suppose since it rarely happens now. The low end torque leaves something to be desired but once the turbo kicks in you are off to the races, i.e. 1 second after you hit the accelerator.

not too bad
By shukri sharabi on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchesed the A4 AWD auto in december 2002 in florida $3,000 below sticker price, knowing that I am relocating to washington, where awd would be usefull and dealers will not budge $500.00, it sure serves the purpose during rainy days, had to replace the master cylinder so far (warranty), the car looks great without even the 17" wheels and sports package.

Maintenance Nightmare
By TOMNSD on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Expect to spend a lot of time at the repair shop if you buy this car.

Totally Unsatisfied
By Brian Gibbons on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I purchased this car for 39,000.00 I thought I was buying a reliable car. I quickly learned that this car is anything but reliable. Thus far the blinkers went out, the windshield wiper blades broke, the sterio died, the coolent hoses were leaking the starting coils went out and the entire dash board system failed so the car read 140 mph all the time. Now my check engine light came on last night and the car was in for service 1000 miles ago. I am now looking to trade my car in on a much more reliable car like a Honda Accord.