Used 2002 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A4

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

A4...avoid it like a plague
By John Taaffe

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When its actually working...its a nice ride. Expect it be in the shop as much as its on the road. I have had this car for 2 years, with less then 28,000 miles...and since the day I drove it off the lot I have had problems with it. Audi ( local and corporate ) will only CONTINUE to fix the car under terms of the warranty. If you are looking a good love/hate relationship with a car..then this is your car!! Otherwise, avoid it like a plague!!!

Favorite Features

V6, Tiptronic, AWD

Suggested Improvements

QUALITY, RELIABILITY, Less time in the shop, QUALITY, RELIABILITY, customer satisfaction, QUALITY, RELIABILITY!!!!! Did I mention Quality and Reliability?

One of the worst cars I have ever owned
By Sunny

2002 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Loads of electrical gremlins. Spontaneously the alarm used to go off when I first got it. Radio problems, speakers cutting in and out, tweeter still busted. Dealers want $300 to replace a battery, recently paid $475 to diagnose and replace 3 feet of vacuum hose for a check engine light. Brakes were shot in 36,000 miles (my other car was good for 50,000 so it is not my driving) and tires the same. It was fun to drive when I bought it. Should have bought reliability. Maybe mine was just a lemon but I would not shop Audi/VW again.

Favorite Features

It was a fun car to drive but the fun is gone.

Do not buy
By Megan

2002 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We bought this car thinking it was going to be reliable. After 2 years we had to replace the engine, now at 100,000 miles we need a new transmission. It has been one thing after the other and I will never buy an Audi ever again. Nobs all wear or fall off, interior tears, head lights burn out every 2 seconds. Not only have I spent tons of money having to repair the car I want to get rid of it and it isn't worth anything, horrible resale. Bad bad bad, that is all I have to say!

Favorite Features

The exterior look and large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

QUALITY. Everything about that car is horrible quality!

Horrible car and service
By Derock

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

had nothing but electrical problems and safety problems. Audi and Dealer will not willingly take back the car. Make sure that you do not make the same mistake

Favorite Features

nothing to like about a problematic car

Suggested Improvements

re-do everything

Dissapointing A-4
By jetchefg4

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought car new, traded a '99 2.8Q, had it for a week and had to return for a clutch"adjustment",they actually replaced the clutch. First snow storm my windshield wipers failed completely @ 2000 miles. The driver side seat squeaks like crazy, the trunk never closes correctely, and now @ 11000 miles the sunroof sticks when it closes, very fun when it rains. Oh for potential and current owners avoid the front end bra. I had mine dealer installed, it flops like crazy over 80 miles an hour, it will destroy your paint job, dealer says it's just the way it is. It looks cool though it does'nt work, kind of like the car it was designed for.

Favorite Features

Bose, heated rear seats

Suggested Improvements

More power, car is a real dog. Build quality, and what the hell is up with the climate control, your windows are guaranteed to fog up if your a/c-def. is not on 24/7.