2002 Audi A4 Consumer Review: 75k and still going

2002 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

1.8T Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

75k and still going
By JJA on

2002 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second Audi (prev 4000CS) and am pleased with the way the car has performed. I first bought the auto in Seattle and had shipped to Europe (wanted US specs) and had it up to 128 mph. It drove flawless on the Autostrata! I purchased with the Phatbox and so I can enjoy my MP3s. The leatherette seats hold up better than the real leather seats my friend purchased with his Audi A4. Only big issue is that you must change the extended oil religeously with the turbo motor as it will cook the oil in the return pipe and cause the warning light to come on. It's a costly fix so beware. Overall the car is joy to drive when I can get away from my wife. Economical yet has power. Love it!

Favorite Features

The fact that you get great gas mileage and at the same time have power is awesome. I normally get 28-30 MPG with my Audi. It did 128MPH on the Autostrata in Italy (governor kicked in) and it was like I was going 55. Most cars at that speed would sound like a wind tunnel. Love the German engineering

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the cup holders. Too cheaply made and the European Audi's didn't even have them. Wish the seat heaters had a light to show they're on. My wife uses the heaters a lot and I discover after my back is all sweaty. Slightly larger side mirrors would be nice.