Used 2002 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Pure Satisfaction
By D

2002 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I love this car!! After owning it for 4 1/2 years, I still feel the same as when I purchased it new. It has the sports suspension which handles very well. This vehicle is the first automatic transmission I have owned, therefore, having the CVT transmission has been wonderful. There is no hesitation when going through the gears upon acceleration and is smooth as can be. The seat is comfortable and the ride is quiet. The stiffer sports suspension is exactly what one expects from BMW. This car has had NO electrical or engine problems and is very reliable. A new dealership which opened closer to my home (after owning my car for 2 years) is top notch; offering car washes, and prompt service.

CVT transmission with the sports suspension, and the heated seats.

I can't think of anything to improve, I love this car.

Stick shift 3.0 smokin' ride
By TONY may

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this car. The 6 speed makes it a blast to drive and the performance is really good. All wheel drive makes winters fun too. Built nice and strong. Love this car and it loves me.

Power and 6 speed. Cool dash.

Rims scratch very easy - need to get better/harder rims. Steering wheel controls would be nice

Audi A4 1.8T
By J. Amador

2002 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my Audi from Audi USA (used with 3k). I bought it over the internet and shipped to Europe (wanted US Spec Car). I drove the car up to 128 MPH and it ran flawlessly. Hugged the road and driving at 100 MPH felt like going 55. I did have a problem with the gas cap sensor that Audi corrected. Overall the car has been great and provides super gas mileage while providing umph when you need it. It has the normal turbo lag but overall very pleased. Back seat could be a touch larger. Very glad I got the 1.8T motor over the 3.0. I had 3 series BMW before this one and prior had the Audi 4000CS. Not knocking the BMW but find the Audi more of a joy to drive. Enjoy!!!

Performance with such a small engine by far is the best feature and considering the gas mileage - its grand.

Back seat a bit tight. Would like to see bigger side mirrors. The Phatbox should be standard - love it!

Over enginered
By lorrie klein

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very comfortable, stable and fun car. I am a small woman and the car fits me perfectly. It has all the bells and whistles and a great highway ride. There is some lack of power initially at low speeds but the engine quickly responds. My major complaint is that the computer system is overly sensitive there have been many instances of warning lights coming on. I say that the car is "over enginered". I have had the car into the dealer on many more occasions than I think is reasonable for warning lights. Sometimes there was something actually wrong but many times the computer just needed to be reset.

My favorite feature is the comfortable seats with multiple adjustments and the movable steering wheel.

A review of this cars computer system is definitely needed.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Aviator

2002 Audi A4 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car rocks! Handling, performance, utility, it has it all. 3.0 is much better than the 1.8 turbo with lag o'plenty. The A4 Avant is stylish and very well built, and Audi as a company does it right. Their maintenance program and professionals are top notch. Car is very high tech. They can program desired functionality within minutes at service, like auto door locking, windows pan-tilt when in reverse, etc. Love the memory seats and mirrors and dual climate control with heated seats.

All Wheel Drive (AWD) gives me tight turning radius and high-speed handling in the turns like nothing else.

Maybe better gas mileage, but with performance like this, that is going to take a small hit. They've really engineered this car well.

• SUV