Used 2002 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

May I have Another!
By Shaughn357

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was hesitant to purchase another VW built car after the dismal experience I had with my 1999 VW Passat but I went ahead and purchsed a 2002 Audi Quattro A4. I am very happy with the car. I drive my cars hard and put at least 20k miles/year commuting to work and I have yet to experience any major problems. The car handles great on the highway and in third gear at 3000rpm, there isn't many cars she cannot pass. The secret to keeping these cars in great shape is to find a reputable mechanic who knows and works on Audi cars daily. Knowing that I drive my cars hard i take it in the shop about every two months for a checkup. I was also prudent and purchased the 100k extended warranty.

AWD, exterior styling, comfortable on long trips and just damn fun to drive on windy back roads.

The car accelerates quickly but could definately use a few more horses. The trick to being quicker is knowing when to shift. The rubber material used on the door hand rest and knobs is annoying as it wears off after only a few years. I will upgrade to the A6 when I purchase a newer car next year.

Great Car
By Walter

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first Audi that I've owned and have been nothing but satisfied with this car and Audi. The car looks great on the interior and exterior and is a great value for the money. Not to mention, it is fun to drive, gets decent gas mileage and is incredibly safe. I was in an accident in this car where someone hit me in the passenger door when running a red light. The car was damaged but I was able to get out completely unharmed. A friend was in a similar accident and her car was totaled and she had back injuries. This car is safe, fun, and all about luxury.

Safety, heated seats, looks

Different placement of cupholders! They are horrible! The one above the radio spills everything.

Downhill After 45K
By disappointed

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After 45K miles, my 2002 Audi A4 1.8T (now at 53K miles) began to require very expensive repairs that I never needed for other vehicles I owned with over 100k miles. I had to replace the phlange that connected the coolant system to the engine, the steering rack and pinion, the windshield/headlight washing fluid pump and motor, and the dealer says that I need to soon replace engine gaskets. I do not know much about the mechanics of cars, but from my experience, it is unusual that such major repairs would be required on a vehicle that still has relatively low mileage and is owned by someone who is very diligent with all of the routine maintenance. Wish I had purchased the extended warranty!

Beautiful car. Handles well.

Audi needs to improve the quality of the parts in the A4.

Do not buy
By Megan

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We bought this car thinking it was going to be reliable. After 2 years we had to replace the engine, now at 100,000 miles we need a new transmission. It has been one thing after the other and I will never buy an Audi ever again. Nobs all wear or fall off, interior tears, head lights burn out every 2 seconds. Not only have I spent tons of money having to repair the car I want to get rid of it and it isn't worth anything, horrible resale. Bad bad bad, that is all I have to say!

The exterior look and large trunk.

QUALITY. Everything about that car is horrible quality!

This is Audi #3
By Victory

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the third Audi for me. I bought my first one used w/60,000 miles- an Audi 90 and donated it with 173,000 on it. It was great. I bought an Audi 90 brand new and put 194,000 miles on it. Another great driving car. Now I have an Audi A4 3.0 Quattro 6sp. manual and I love it. It had 32,000 miles on it when I bought it and not a scratch on it. I love the summer package (wide wheels) but they ride rough. The winter tired were great for Ohio snow.

The handling of an Audi and its reliability is what keeps me coming back to them.

Because of the 3.0 engine this one isn't so fuel efficient but the amenities so makes up for this negative aspect.

• SUV