2002 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Buy this car.
By Michael on 08/26/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had to make a new car purchase quickly after my car got totaled. I was looking at Infinitis and Acuras, when I cam across the A4 by accident. In short, its a great car that is fun to drive, looks great, and does everything it needs to (transport people, stuff, whatever). The turbo hurts fuel efficiency, but not terribly. Otherwise, I don't think I could have found a better car for my needs and wants.

Can't go wrong with an audi
By Mike Dejohn on 07/17/05 18:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is the perfect car to drive. I haven't had any real problems with this car. I don't think I'm gonna have any either. This is my second audi and the first one gave me about 140,000 miles and was willing to give me more but I decided that I wanted newer. The 3.0 liter engine is fast and strong. The style of the car inside and out are great and the quattro system is always a great add on. Nothing I can say bad about this car.

Don't Buy One
By Denon on 05/03/05 20:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has been in the shop more than I have had it at my house. I am currently out of warranty and nobody wants to work on this car so I'm forced to pay through the nose at the dealer. Every headlamp, side marker, tail lamp has burned out twice sinced I've owned the vehicle. The vaccuum hoses have busted, the w/s wiper motor burned out, the cd player quit working, the computer went bad, it eats tires like crazy and the list goes on and on. Besides that it is a great vehicle? Prior to this vehicle I owned an Acura and traded it in at 90k miles and never had any issues except for replacing the tires. I will definitely go back to the Acura line and would not recommend Audi to anyone.

Worst Car I've ever owned!
By Bad Audi Experience on 02/24/05 11:16 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In my 30+ years of driving, I've owned Corvairs and AMC products that would be considered "problem cars", but nothing matches the unreliability of an Audi. I purchased both a 2001 and 2002 A4 and have become very familiar with the local wrecker companies. The 2002 is now having it's 4th engine installed (after only 50,000 miles). The stereo system has been replaced three times. We traded in the 2001 at a loss after being towed three times for coil issues. Stay away from Audi! This is the worst car I've ever owned, including the 1964 Corvair I paid $100 for in 1974!

Sad "Audi Experience!
By sad audi experience on 12/20/04 10:19 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Unfortunately, our experience has not been a happy one. Audi is presently installing our third engine in our 2002 A4 after only 50,000 miles! Our car has spent nearly 3 months in the shop in the past 36 months. We've bought a new Maxima and plan to sell our Audi as soon as possible.

Still love this car after 56000 miles
By pmrocon on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Strengths: Stong 3.0 liter is a joy to drive, Tiptronic adapts to your driving mood and style. The interior is beautiful and funtional. This design still looks as fresh as it did 3 years ago. Weaknesses: Bose Stereo is not up to the level of the rest of this car, the passenger seat is not comfortable (so say my wife & son).The interior has not worn all that well. Reliability has been OK, the coils failed the same week that I received the recall notice. The bolt holding a pulley onto the engine fell out , an oil seal failed which left me stranded.Conclusions: I think that the A-4 is a better built car than my wifes M-B 240 AWD. I'm ordering a new A-6.

fun + functionality = Best Sport Wagon
By johnnyG on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Loved my A4 2.8 sedan - but strollers & golf clubs just didn't go well together in the trunk. Found my car thru the great audit certified site and had it shipped. Audi certified program is one of the best out there. Love the service & all problems to date corrected without jumping thru hoops. As for the car - a blast to drive, looks great inside and out. as a coworker told me - "your car LOOKS fast" - and it is. Perfect alternative to those small suv's - all wheel drive piece of mind for our northeast winters, and room inside and ontop for your "toys".

Great German Automobile
By cramerpp on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased a pre-owned A4 and have been thrilled with the car. Additional 2 years of bumber-bumper pre-owned warranty is great. Car rides beautiful. Tight German feel. Hugs the road. The 1.8T has great torque. Could be more powerful, especially with Quattro drive, but gas mileage is great. I switched to synthetic oil and larger capacity filter and have been getting over 30 mpg highway. Car has tons of great features and electronics. Safety is excellent. I've had no problems with this vehicle and hope to own if for many years. Too bad my wife gets to drive it all the time.

3 Years of Good Performance
By RBT on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's Reliable I have owned this car for 3 years. Until last month, I have never seen the engine until I had to give a lady in an 85 Ford Taurus a jump. I highly recommend Free maintenance. To illustrate My best friend has a 01 Civic, over two years, he has paid $19-$29 for 14 oil changes. $690 in repairs and tune-up cost and $60 for tire rotation. I have paid $109 for two rotations after Three years! The service plan is flawless. Everything is free, oil, brakes, anything except gas. Free maintenance for 50K miles, how can you go wrong? That said, It does need attention but every car does there is no such thing as a maintenance free car..

A+ for my A4
By dxt on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought my A4Q 5 speed 2 years ago, have driven from OH to MA twice, though local mileage is low (have 20K on ODO). The car has been flawless!! Audi Symphony Sound system is excellent. Car is still quiet, handles beautifully and is tight and responsive. Still running Pirelli P6's. Everything works as well as the day I took it home. Best car I have ever owened!!