2002 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Over enginered
By lorrie klein on 07/31/06 10:03 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very comfortable, stable and fun car. I am a small woman and the car fits me perfectly. It has all the bells and whistles and a great highway ride. There is some lack of power initially at low speeds but the engine quickly responds. My major complaint is that the computer system is overly sensitive there have been many instances of warning lights coming on. I say that the car is "over enginered". I have had the car into the dealer on many more occasions than I think is reasonable for warning lights. Sometimes there was something actually wrong but many times the computer just needed to be reset.

Head Turner
By mikey on 06/16/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent vehicle, fun to drive and you are guaranteed to turn heads. Get a warranty, bought it used and it was over the 50,000 mark, expensive to fix (2000 for a clutch). I would buy another a4 in a heartbeat.

great "german"
By Marcis Liepins on 06/08/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome exterior and interior. There is more space inside than I expected. Very comfortable to drive - more than Mercedes or BMW that I owned before. Reliable on curves. Low gas mileage, but if you want to save on gas, buy a chain saw!

disappointed
By rich on 03/12/06 09:30 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The A4 is a nice looking car that doesn't deliver. If you are looking to purchase this car, take the extended warranty and make sure the dealership is close. There are many gremlins that will keep your dash warning lights lit up.

German Dependability and ingenuity
By sarah on 01/15/06 17:40 PM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has been a joy to own. The four years/50,000 mile warrenty has been a blessing. The car is a joy to drive.

Audi A4 1.8T CVT
By J. Amador on 12/31/05 13:09 PM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second Audi (4000CS) and am very pleased with the performance and reliability of the car. We purchased the car used (3k) and had it shipped to Europe where it was driven till 05. The vehicle worked flawless!!! Had it up to 130MPH many times between Naples and Rome and always hugged the road. The CVT trans is great on gas as well as the 1.8T driving around town. Overall I'd own another Audi. Glad I didn't get the 3.0 as it has more pickup power at the start but about the same as the 1.8T once you get going.

1 sweet car
By Ali on 10/13/05 14:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sweet car, but taillights keep going out. Love the power memory seats, only car in its class I know of that has rear heated seats, love the looks, turns a lotta heads. I think audi is a great German brand, it's a real nice car (I have the auto).

Tales of the Audi
By Jeff on 10/06/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Has been a reliable vehicle. Some niggling deficiencies with the interior build quality; few things are a bit too "soft" to the touch and can break easily. Otherwise an excellent vehicle that I will always find pleasure in looking at.

Buy this car.
By Michael on 08/26/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had to make a new car purchase quickly after my car got totaled. I was looking at Infinitis and Acuras, when I cam across the A4 by accident. In short, its a great car that is fun to drive, looks great, and does everything it needs to (transport people, stuff, whatever). The turbo hurts fuel efficiency, but not terribly. Otherwise, I don't think I could have found a better car for my needs and wants.

Can't go wrong with an audi
By Mike Dejohn on 07/17/05 18:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is the perfect car to drive. I haven't had any real problems with this car. I don't think I'm gonna have any either. This is my second audi and the first one gave me about 140,000 miles and was willing to give me more but I decided that I wanted newer. The 3.0 liter engine is fast and strong. The style of the car inside and out are great and the quattro system is always a great add on. Nothing I can say bad about this car.