Used 2002 Audi A4 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Female Driver
By Female Driver

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I special ordered this vehicle and waited 4 months for it to arrive. I never had a chance to test drive and A4 Avant 3.0 6 speed manual with sport package. It is too small, very uncomfortable, rough ride, and the most difficult stick shift I have ever owned. Some of my most favorite features are not even offered on the car. I would love to get rid of it. I have extreame buyers remorse. I get sick every time I drive the car because of the rought ride and the amount I paid for the car.

The color - Ming Blue

Manual shift too unforgiving. Too rough of a ride. Provide more leg and storage room. If the car is to be sold in a luxury market, make it a luxury ride.

Best Looking AWD
By honest rob

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the best AWD Wagon that I have seen. This is my second A4 and things just keep getting better. Why pay extra for the standard or should I say luxury of a center armrest (BMW you must be joking). The Car looks like a complete dream, all round an excellent purchase thought not quite as much interior load as I though I was going to get. The Sedan boot is huge.

AWD stability. The design and build the best.

Variable lumbar support on all front seats as standard

Avant
By Hankdoll

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Was skeptical about buying a first model year car. Additionally, our last 1999 A4 was plagued with mechanical issues. However, Audi service is excellent and made up for our troubles. We took the plunge and bought this car anyway (for a wagon, it's gorgeous). 6000 miles thus far with no problems. Car is much better all around than previous model. Very happy with purchase.

In dash CD is too cool. Feed the discs one at a time like regular in dash, but it holds 6!

Better tuning of shocks on sport suspesion. Spring rate is firm..shocks too soft.

Best of the Best
By Tzar

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've been owning BMW 328I for 5 years now and we wanted to buy a sports wagon. Choices were: BMW 325 or Audi A4. A4 is better value. Styling is perfect, driving a car is pleasant. Car handles as it should be for a German automobile. Very satisfied with A4 Avant. We'll see how the quality of the car turn up in the next 5 years or more.

Styling is one of the best. Sports suspension works as it should be

Shifting should be little bit better, clutch is spungy. Cruise control should be moved to the right side (too often mix cruise control with turn signal)

AUDI - Accelerates under demonic influen
By Car-Fan

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is not for anyone that likes acceleration of the start. The build quality is fine and the interior build quality is fine, but if you like performance this car is not for you

build quality

Lack of Acceleration, unpleasant driving experience