Used 2002 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A4

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

No regrets
By Michael Lam

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I'm currently own two Audi A4's 2000 A4 and 2002 A4, and had driving both cars on daily uses. There are great improvement in handling of the new 2002 A4 (B6) compared to the old 2000 A4 (B5) plaftform. So far, there is no regret from me with the two Audi A4s in my garage.

Favorite Features

Gear shift button mount on the steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

More torque and reduce car weight

7 months and 20K miles, I love this car!
By Penz

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

In March of 02 I traded in my 99 Civic SI for a 02 Audi A4 Quattro, Dolphin Grey, sports package. My oh my, I'll never go back to the more economical Hondas (though they were great!). This car is fun to drive, and get lots of compliments. I've put it through some rigerous driving tests (my my nature, I'm a tough but good driver) and this car has performed very very well. The seats are very comfy and after a 5 hour drive, my back felt great! The AWD and ESP work well together in rain and sandy roads. The interior and exterior are both very stylish and well designed.

Favorite Features

Bose premium sound system, sports package, look and feel of the car.

Suggested Improvements

More powerful windshield washer squirters. That's it :-)

Female Driver
By Female Driver

2002 Audi A4 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I special ordered this vehicle and waited 4 months for it to arrive. I never had a chance to test drive and A4 Avant 3.0 6 speed manual with sport package. It is too small, very uncomfortable, rough ride, and the most difficult stick shift I have ever owned. Some of my most favorite features are not even offered on the car. I would love to get rid of it. I have extreame buyers remorse. I get sick every time I drive the car because of the rought ride and the amount I paid for the car.

Favorite Features

The color - Ming Blue

Suggested Improvements

Manual shift too unforgiving. Too rough of a ride. Provide more leg and storage room. If the car is to be sold in a luxury market, make it a luxury ride.

1.8T is a little underpowered
By 1.8T-Fan

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This a great car and for the first eight months I absolutely loved the performance in this car. Then I bought my wife a Turbo S Beetle which has the same engine and I got to realize that this car's weight counts against having the 1.8T motor. The A4 has a lot of turbo lag under 3000 rpm which you don't feel in the Beetle with the same engine. I have a manual shift and quattro and it has the best roadholding in the world. Awesome motorcar. Next time, I'll go with the 3.0 or the S4, although at least this way I don't get the speeding fines I would with the 3.0

Favorite Features

Quattro all wheel drive. It is a phenomenal feature in the snow in New England. I just love this cars roadholding.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder. Their positioning in the dash and armrest makes them unusable. Either the one in the dash causes drips into the stereo system, or you knock the one in the armrest over and down the driver's or passenger's back.

Wait... Thinking of Getting a Bimmer???
By JC Boston

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Thinking about getting a bimmer? Well, forget about it and instead test drive the Audi A4 - quattro. This is a great sports/luxury sedan all rolled up into one. Driving around town, you feel a sense of security and passion. The only other car that I enjoyed test driving was an Infiniti G35. However, it costs $4K to $6K more and did not offer an all wheel drive capability. Anyway, I am very happy with my choice and would recommend it to others that are seriously considering a Bimmer as your next vehicle (oh and one more thing. Did you know that Bimmer sells over 100,000 3-series a year - how exclusive is that?)

Favorite Features

Exterior design is esthetically pleasing to your eyes and senses. Its body is just a work of art, which arouse a sense of action, when in fact the car is at a stand still. While on the inside, those germans really put their heads together to build an "ergonomically friendly" cabin.

Suggested Improvements

Increased the hp. However, it's not all lost. If you are into modifying your car, there are shops that will reprogram your chip for about $500- $700, which will boost the hp by 40-50 hp (but check with your dealer about the warranty before you dive into it. you are on your own!)