Used 2002 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Great Performance, Outstanding Design
By LeonardPA

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my A4 3.0 Quattro 6 speed for almost 2 months and I love the car. The only option I got is the sports package but the car comes loaded stock. I love the A4's handling, the Quattro shines when the roads are wet. The power is well suited to the car, not the fastest in it's class but it achieves a very good balance. My last car was a Miata, the A4 has much of the sports car feel but with the back seat and all of the comfort items you would expect from a German luxury model. And the A4 is gorgeous inside and out.

Favorite Features

Quattro, handling, 220 hp, 6 speed, features for the price, maintence free 4years/50k miles

Suggested Improvements

Not much, I had to get the radio swapped out because the CD player wouldn't eject.

Great performance, poor reliability
By jenelson

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Problems included: The rear defogger didn't work and the rear window had to be replaced. When it rained, water would get trapped in the door wells and gush out onto our shoes when the doors were opened. The dealership couldn?t fix this. Audi customer service simply didn't care, and was often rude. An Audi service manager admitted to us that Audi was aware of this issue but had no solution. Audi's official position was that the car was "performing as engineered". We recently noticed knocks and rattles and an overall loss of performance. The dealership determined that the entire transmission had to be replaced. At 12,500 miles, we had had enough and traded it in on a Passat.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, incredible handling.

Suggested Improvements

Audi needs to fix the A4 water retention problem and improve the quality of its customer service.

What's not so hot
By The DUde

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Simply put great car with a few killer flaws! turbo blow-off valve not very good at all (choppy acceleration). ignition coils; alot of a4's are being towed off the road for this little kink that they forgot to think about. and lower gears should ahve lower ratio's

Favorite Features

heated seats will allway amaze me

Suggested Improvements

better blow-off valves and transmission rethinking

Not too happy
By Audi-tor

2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This ia very nice looking car, and apparently well finished. But I have taken my car three times to the garage during the first year and it is still there. If you need a part for your car, beg for it. It will take more than what you expect. If you open the moon roof, then a few noises will compete with your fine stereo system. If you drive at low revolutions, then be willing to deal with some annoying vibrations. And not to mention the weird shifts in the transmission.

Favorite Features

quattro, the style of the vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Besides the ones noted in the review, I would suggest to add a button to turn off the air conditioner (you can't unless you move the fan back to zero speed), a better cup holder if you don't want to spill your coffee

Audi A4 3.0 outstanding
By mvw

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

an amazing ride, beautiful design, fun with outstanding luxury features for less than its market. i love it.