Used 2002 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
1 sweet car
By Ali

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sweet car, but taillights keep going out. Love the power memory seats, only car in its class I know of that has rear heated seats, love the looks, turns a lotta heads. I think audi is a great German brand, it's a real nice car (I have the auto).

Favorite Features

Audio system's the best, full size spare w. matching rims, I damaged 1 of my rims so I just changed it with the spare.

Suggested Improvements

Lacks steering wheel buttons, needs more low end torque, not enough mods/aftermarket parts available for 3.0, rear seat space is embarassing.

transmission problem
By superman21

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought an Audi A-4 in jan 2002. Just after that the A/C pressure switch went out, I had to get it replaced. Next, the transmission went out. I had to take the car back no less than three times. The dealer replaced the transmission but the car still does not run smooth, the transmission makes a loud sound when I put the car into gear. I guess I will have to take it back again. Also, the brake light went out. I should have bought a mercedes

A4...avoid it like a plague
By John Taaffe

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When its actually working...its a nice ride. Expect it be in the shop as much as its on the road. I have had this car for 2 years, with less then 28,000 miles...and since the day I drove it off the lot I have had problems with it. Audi ( local and corporate ) will only CONTINUE to fix the car under terms of the warranty. If you are looking a good love/hate relationship with a car..then this is your car!! Otherwise, avoid it like a plague!!!

Favorite Features

V6, Tiptronic, AWD

Suggested Improvements

QUALITY, RELIABILITY, Less time in the shop, QUALITY, RELIABILITY, customer satisfaction, QUALITY, RELIABILITY!!!!! Did I mention Quality and Reliability?

One of the worst cars I have ever owned
By Sunny

2002 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Loads of electrical gremlins. Spontaneously the alarm used to go off when I first got it. Radio problems, speakers cutting in and out, tweeter still busted. Dealers want $300 to replace a battery, recently paid $475 to diagnose and replace 3 feet of vacuum hose for a check engine light. Brakes were shot in 36,000 miles (my other car was good for 50,000 so it is not my driving) and tires the same. It was fun to drive when I bought it. Should have bought reliability. Maybe mine was just a lemon but I would not shop Audi/VW again.

Favorite Features

It was a fun car to drive but the fun is gone.

Do not buy
By Megan

2002 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We bought this car thinking it was going to be reliable. After 2 years we had to replace the engine, now at 100,000 miles we need a new transmission. It has been one thing after the other and I will never buy an Audi ever again. Nobs all wear or fall off, interior tears, head lights burn out every 2 seconds. Not only have I spent tons of money having to repair the car I want to get rid of it and it isn't worth anything, horrible resale. Bad bad bad, that is all I have to say!

Favorite Features

The exterior look and large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

QUALITY. Everything about that car is horrible quality!