Used 2002 Audi A4 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A4 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

The Best Wagon I have ever owned
By I love my Avant

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After driving a Subaru for 6 years, the Audi Avant 3.0 is a dream. and the price differential of the two is not so big anymore and the folks at Audi Of Nashua are outstanding. Everyone is friendly and helpful. But lets get to the car. Styling is superb - in and out. Performance of the 3.0 is superb. I love the way the car drives, passes, and handles the curvy roads. Room isn't bad for storing your bike or 4 Ski Bags. If I needed more room, I would have gone with the A-6. Whats not to like

Performance, Looks, Bose Radio System and the allwheel drive.

Perhaps alittle better gas milege. I purchased the cargo pad and picked up a rubber liner when the back seats are flat at Home Depot. Everything else we like.

After two years...
By G.M., Virginia

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered my A4 Avant with the Sport Suspension and Summer Performance Tires without being able to test drive one set up that way. What a hoot! The car tracks like it's on rails! To the person who complained that the Sport Suspension wasn't a "luxury" ride... DUH! If you want a luxury ride you don't order a Sport Suspension. The Audi A4 Avant handles as well as my wife's BMW (maybe better) and is plenty fast (especially using the tiptronic... which I personally like better than a manual). The car has been 100% reliable and, in my opinion, is one of the best looking cars on the road. What's not to love?

LOVE the handling of this car... and really like the lines.

The shift pattern of the automatic, even in "Sport" mode, is too tame for my tastes... but slap her into "Tiptonic" and shift her yourself and you're in car heaven!

Beware of temperature sensitive glass
By NDanger

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

rear hatch/door window is very fragile in extremely cold temps. Currently waiting 5-6 weeks for replacement.... from Germany!

Interior design better glass

BACK TO THE DEALER
By DUMPTHEAUDI

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My wife has owned this vehicle for about a year and it's been back to the shop 14 times. We have decided to get rid of the thing. It's got 11000 miles on it. What a complete disappointment this vehicle has been. I have never owned such an unreliable vehicle in my life. Back to Toyota.

It looks good while parked.

Don't buy one.

Beautiful, with a few hiccups
By WA Avant

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought this car for my wife, who LOVES it. I love the styling, superb interior quality, versatility of the wagon. Problems include the well-known coilpack failure which completely disabled the car requiring flatbed towing to the dealership after 7,000 miles. Not what I would expect in a car of this caliber. Now we are hesitant to take this practically brand new car on extended road trips because we are worried about breaking down. Because of short supply, the dealership will not replace all of the coilpacks under warranty, only if they fail (and leave you stranded!) Rims have been a headache (see Suggested Improvements, below)

Styling, styling, styling!! HID headlamps, red-glow interior, heated seats, the list goes on

Design 17" Sport Package rims that do not protrude out beyond the tire. Have had 3 rims dinged and scraped already from car washes and installing snow tires. Car is too heavy for a 170 hp engine. Should have come with the 200 hp 1.8T available in Europe.