2002 Audi A4 Wagon Consumer Reviews

2002 Audi A4 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
What a great design
By Mike B on 03/06/07 07:01 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The driver's experience is clearly what the engineers had in mind when designing this car. The engine delivery and transmission shifts are silky smooth. The turbo layout turns a usually puny 1.8 litre 4 banger into a fun and almost organic feeling torquey little animal! Audi has designed the drivetrain well. The interior and exterior both have the same concept in mind. Clean and sexy lookin. Some of my friends chuckle at me getting the wagon but I love it. It's just way to versitile to pass up. I play hockey and have a Big German Shepherd. I need the space. The other day I had three big dogs in the back and they all had room to lie down and relax on our trip.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Aviator on 06/19/06 16:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car rocks! Handling, performance, utility, it has it all. 3.0 is much better than the 1.8 turbo with lag o'plenty. The A4 Avant is stylish and very well built, and Audi as a company does it right. Their maintenance program and professionals are top notch. Car is very high tech. They can program desired functionality within minutes at service, like auto door locking, windows pan-tilt when in reverse, etc. Love the memory seats and mirrors and dual climate control with heated seats.

fun + functionality = Best Sport Wagon
By johnnyG on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Loved my A4 2.8 sedan - but strollers & golf clubs just didn't go well together in the trunk. Found my car thru the great audit certified site and had it shipped. Audi certified program is one of the best out there. Love the service & all problems to date corrected without jumping thru hoops. As for the car - a blast to drive, looks great inside and out. as a coworker told me - "your car LOOKS fast" - and it is. Perfect alternative to those small suv's - all wheel drive piece of mind for our northeast winters, and room inside and ontop for your "toys".

A4 Avant - The Anti-SUV
By JimBob on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Aside from having defective Spark Modules which required two separate service visits (one with only 63 miles on the car) and a failed Transmission Control Module, this car has been 100% reliable and an absolute joy to own and drive. I can't understand why there aren't more of them on the road, it's a great Anti-SUV! With my snow tires on in winter I run circles around any of them and get WAY better gas mileage, too. The car is also perfect for long trips, just eats up the miles in comfort and returns 25MPG at 75MPH! Again, no SUV can touch that.

Excellent SUV Alternative
By Audi John on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My wife and I bought this car a month ago, and we love it already. You rarely see A4 Avants, unlike the ubiquitous BMW/Volvo/VW wagons. It's also a superb value, especially Certified. I laugh at SUV drivers who paid a lot more for terrible handling, fuel economy, and in some cases, less room. It will not overwhelm you with power, but it's got plenty of zip for a family car, and Quattro ensures excellent handling. It's not big, but it's very comfortable. The interior lighting is great- at night, EVERY control lights up so you don't have to fumble in the dark. Itís a really intelligently designed car with great attention to detail. Very highly recommended!

The Best Wagon I have ever owned
By I love my Avant on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After driving a Subaru for 6 years, the Audi Avant 3.0 is a dream. and the price differential of the two is not so big anymore and the folks at Audi Of Nashua are outstanding. Everyone is friendly and helpful. But lets get to the car. Styling is superb - in and out. Performance of the 3.0 is superb. I love the way the car drives, passes, and handles the curvy roads. Room isn't bad for storing your bike or 4 Ski Bags. If I needed more room, I would have gone with the A-6. Whats not to like

After two years...
By G.M., Virginia on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered my A4 Avant with the Sport Suspension and Summer Performance Tires without being able to test drive one set up that way. What a hoot! The car tracks like it's on rails! To the person who complained that the Sport Suspension wasn't a "luxury" ride... DUH! If you want a luxury ride you don't order a Sport Suspension. The Audi A4 Avant handles as well as my wife's BMW (maybe better) and is plenty fast (especially using the tiptronic... which I personally like better than a manual). The car has been 100% reliable and, in my opinion, is one of the best looking cars on the road. What's not to love?

Beware of temperature sensitive glass
By NDanger on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

rear hatch/door window is very fragile in extremely cold temps. Currently waiting 5-6 weeks for replacement.... from Germany!

BACK TO THE DEALER
By DUMPTHEAUDI on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My wife has owned this vehicle for about a year and it's been back to the shop 14 times. We have decided to get rid of the thing. It's got 11000 miles on it. What a complete disappointment this vehicle has been. I have never owned such an unreliable vehicle in my life. Back to Toyota.

Beautiful, with a few hiccups
By WA Avant on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought this car for my wife, who LOVES it. I love the styling, superb interior quality, versatility of the wagon. Problems include the well-known coilpack failure which completely disabled the car requiring flatbed towing to the dealership after 7,000 miles. Not what I would expect in a car of this caliber. Now we are hesitant to take this practically brand new car on extended road trips because we are worried about breaking down. Because of short supply, the dealership will not replace all of the coilpacks under warranty, only if they fail (and leave you stranded!) Rims have been a headache (see Suggested Improvements, below)