Used 2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

stay away!
By ellagirl

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

this car was bought from my family brand new then passed down to me. i have had nothing but probs in this 3.0 v6 quattro. it had turned into a money pit. the coils, cats, timing belt, power steering pump, all this money and still not fixed completely. moon roof wont stay open or close without playing around with it. starter is starting to go. rpms rev when idling. overall very dissapointed in this car. done with audi/vw!

heated seats built in nav key seat memorization

everything internally

The Audi A4 V6 3.0 Are Made for Speed Period
By 1sikaudi

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a serious driving machine. It is not meant to be garaged or driven on Sunday's to church. Much worse driven leisurely. This car is a monster and I did nothing to the engine. The only thing I added was a K & N filter to replace the factory one which in effect added another 15 hp simply because of the additional air coming in. From the moment you turn the car on you can hear the engine which to me was like music to my ears. I drove this car to the limit and had more than enough fun doing it. If I had to put it in 6th gear I was over a 100MPH easily. The highway drive was phenomenal. Man what a car. I bought it with 30k and trade it at 102k. Perfect in every sense of the word.

Acceleration from 0 and during highway drive Auto climate control Audi symphony 10 Cd player Sunroof 6 gears

Lower service calls Lower part costs

Get the 3.0
By audilove

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well it looks like I see a trend here. The 1.8T seem to have reliability issues while the 3.0 seem to run strong. I have owned mine for a year and love it. It's my second Audi, my first being an 80Q that I put 300k miles on. I will say that these cars require your attention. By that I mean don't skimp on maintenance. If there are issues, fix them IMMEDIATELY or it can get very expensive (i.e. ignore replacing a $25 coil pack and you could spend $1000 on a new cat). I will also say you need to keep the interior conditioned, it doesn't like being left to dry out on hot days.

Handling (quattro), styling, build quality.

Better fuel efficiency. I average between 22 and 25MPG.

Great Car
By Walter

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first Audi that I've owned and have been nothing but satisfied with this car and Audi. The car looks great on the interior and exterior and is a great value for the money. Not to mention, it is fun to drive, gets decent gas mileage and is incredibly safe. I was in an accident in this car where someone hit me in the passenger door when running a red light. The car was damaged but I was able to get out completely unharmed. A friend was in a similar accident and her car was totaled and she had back injuries. This car is safe, fun, and all about luxury.

Safety, heated seats, looks

Different placement of cupholders! They are horrible! The one above the radio spills everything.

This is Audi #3
By Victory

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the third Audi for me. I bought my first one used w/60,000 miles- an Audi 90 and donated it with 173,000 on it. It was great. I bought an Audi 90 brand new and put 194,000 miles on it. Another great driving car. Now I have an Audi A4 3.0 Quattro 6sp. manual and I love it. It had 32,000 miles on it when I bought it and not a scratch on it. I love the summer package (wide wheels) but they ride rough. The winter tired were great for Ohio snow.

The handling of an Audi and its reliability is what keeps me coming back to them.

Because of the 3.0 engine this one isn't so fuel efficient but the amenities so makes up for this negative aspect.

• SUV