2002 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
stay away!
By ellagirl on 06/03/12 10:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

this car was bought from my family brand new then passed down to me. i have had nothing but probs in this 3.0 v6 quattro. it had turned into a money pit. the coils, cats, timing belt, power steering pump, all this money and still not fixed completely. moon roof wont stay open or close without playing around with it. starter is starting to go. rpms rev when idling. overall very dissapointed in this car. done with audi/vw!

The Audi A4 V6 3.0 Are Made for Speed Period
By 1sikaudi on 06/02/12 12:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a serious driving machine. It is not meant to be garaged or driven on Sunday's to church. Much worse driven leisurely. This car is a monster and I did nothing to the engine. The only thing I added was a K & N filter to replace the factory one which in effect added another 15 hp simply because of the additional air coming in. From the moment you turn the car on you can hear the engine which to me was like music to my ears. I drove this car to the limit and had more than enough fun doing it. If I had to put it in 6th gear I was over a 100MPH easily. The highway drive was phenomenal. Man what a car. I bought it with 30k and trade it at 102k. Perfect in every sense of the word.

Get the 3.0
By audilove on 04/23/09 11:59 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well it looks like I see a trend here. The 1.8T seem to have reliability issues while the 3.0 seem to run strong. I have owned mine for a year and love it. It's my second Audi, my first being an 80Q that I put 300k miles on. I will say that these cars require your attention. By that I mean don't skimp on maintenance. If there are issues, fix them IMMEDIATELY or it can get very expensive (i.e. ignore replacing a $25 coil pack and you could spend $1000 on a new cat). I will also say you need to keep the interior conditioned, it doesn't like being left to dry out on hot days.

Great Car
By Walter on 06/04/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first Audi that I've owned and have been nothing but satisfied with this car and Audi. The car looks great on the interior and exterior and is a great value for the money. Not to mention, it is fun to drive, gets decent gas mileage and is incredibly safe. I was in an accident in this car where someone hit me in the passenger door when running a red light. The car was damaged but I was able to get out completely unharmed. A friend was in a similar accident and her car was totaled and she had back injuries. This car is safe, fun, and all about luxury.

This is Audi #3
By Victory on 04/08/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the third Audi for me. I bought my first one used w/60,000 miles- an Audi 90 and donated it with 173,000 on it. It was great. I bought an Audi 90 brand new and put 194,000 miles on it. Another great driving car. Now I have an Audi A4 3.0 Quattro 6sp. manual and I love it. It had 32,000 miles on it when I bought it and not a scratch on it. I love the summer package (wide wheels) but they ride rough. The winter tired were great for Ohio snow.

Stick shift 3.0 smokin' ride
By TONY may on 12/08/06 09:36 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this car. The 6 speed makes it a blast to drive and the performance is really good. All wheel drive makes winters fun too. Built nice and strong. Love this car and it loves me.

Over enginered
By lorrie klein on 07/31/06 10:03 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very comfortable, stable and fun car. I am a small woman and the car fits me perfectly. It has all the bells and whistles and a great highway ride. There is some lack of power initially at low speeds but the engine quickly responds. My major complaint is that the computer system is overly sensitive there have been many instances of warning lights coming on. I say that the car is "over enginered". I have had the car into the dealer on many more occasions than I think is reasonable for warning lights. Sometimes there was something actually wrong but many times the computer just needed to be reset.

great "german"
By Marcis Liepins on 06/08/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome exterior and interior. There is more space inside than I expected. Very comfortable to drive - more than Mercedes or BMW that I owned before. Reliable on curves. Low gas mileage, but if you want to save on gas, buy a chain saw!

disappointed
By rich on 03/12/06 09:30 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The A4 is a nice looking car that doesn't deliver. If you are looking to purchase this car, take the extended warranty and make sure the dealership is close. There are many gremlins that will keep your dash warning lights lit up.

1 sweet car
By Ali on 10/13/05 14:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sweet car, but taillights keep going out. Love the power memory seats, only car in its class I know of that has rear heated seats, love the looks, turns a lotta heads. I think audi is a great German brand, it's a real nice car (I have the auto).