2001 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Maintain it and it will run ex

2001 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

1.8T Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Maintain it and it will run excellent
By nvaudi on

2001 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased a 2001 1.8 avant from the original owner who maintained it very well. I have all the prior service records and I keep mine. As long as you maintain this vehicle it will run very well or you. If you want to abuse it then buy a toyota or some other tin can like vehicle. Yes a sube wrx is faster but the doors clink when you shut them as they are no where need as solid as an audi. I have owed several subes and 2 audis an A6 and this A4 (116,00 and counting). I have had maintenance that I have had to take to the shop and some I do myself. Sube copied the awd system. Those who provide poor reviews did not maintain their vehicle properly.

The fit and finish is excellent as is the sound system. Make sure you get the radio code if possible from the person you purchase it from. Love the way it handles and mine is fast enough. I like the smaller wagon and the manual trans is fun shifting. With snow tires in the winter it goes wherever I need to and this year I drove through heavy snow to Vail, Breck, and Jackson Hole. I can pack plenty of gear for 2 weeks of skiing for my wife and I and enough for weekends for 4. My wife likes the lower roof height which makes it easy for her to load/unlaod her paddle board (when she gets to drive it) as opposed to taller SUVs and crossovers.

My 01 has a quite turbo back exhaust, mild chip, short throw shifter, rubber mats, s4 suspension and intake vent for airflow. It sits on performance 17's in the spring-fall and snow 16's in the winter. I will upgrade the motor mounts to solid rubber or urethane soon as the factory original mounts are due for replacement. So a little over stock performance and still gets 25-28 on the hwy.