Used 2001 Audi A4 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Fun car to drive!
By fbellay

2001 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a very comfortable and fun car to drive. I like the feeling of control when driving the car, thanks to the Quattro transmission. I've had only one minor problem with it. An aligment wheel which got covered by the waranty. The sad thing with these luxury cars is the depreaction which is pretty steep. My only regret with this car is its lack of power (1.8T engine). It sometimes feel underpowered. My next car will also be an A4, but this time with the bigger engine V6 or even the S4 if I can afford it.

Quattro Audio Bose System>> I love listening music in my car! Auto Dimming mirror Sunroof Next time, I'll also get the winter package (heating seats)

More HP with the 1.8T engine

A4 Avant - Amazing car!
By Jbrockettm

2001 Audi A4 Wagon 2.8 Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

Though a wagon, never feels like one. Handles like a dream. Puts a smile on the face of anyone who gets behind the wheel. Solid, jaunty, nervy car, handles on the curves like no other car on the road. You feel safe driving this thing and you are. Plus, if you're naughty and crank it up past 100, you'll see what it's all about: shakeless, silent splendor!

Overall handling, acceleration, braking, carving turns, slipping into tiptronic for g-force acceleration...

Hard to improve.

Fantastic wagon
By T-bone

2001 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. It is practical yet is a total blast to drive. I love whipping around the interstate ramps in this car - it really hunkers down in the twisties with very little body roll noticeable. My wife loves it too. I have a hard time getting her to let me drive it. The optional Bose sound system rocks. It did very well in the snow/ice the past two winters with all-season tires. It is bolted together very tightly - no rattles or squeaks after 2+ years of driving over the terrible St. Louis city roads. Very reliable.

Performance coupled with practicality. Heated front seats. Safety. Our dealer treats my wife with respect and do all work quickly - Parktown Imports, St. Louis

Leather instead of leatherette in a car that is north of 30 grand. OEM Brake pads that don't generate so much dust. More back seat leg room (I understand this is addressed in the new body style)

Great car for active lifestyles!
By yss

2001 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had this car for close to 2 years now... and the only problem has been a pair of squeeky windshield wipers. The car handles wonderfully... my quattro wagon handles better than my buddy's BMW 330ci. It's fun to drive and great for trips with friends and all our gear. The car gets lousy gas mileage... I get about 13 mpg in the city! Well, what can I expect? I live in San Francisco and I drive up many steep hills in a relatively heavy car with all wheel drive! However, I can drive from San Francisco down to LA on one tank of gas! Overall, a great car!

Handles like a champ.... with the Quattro, sport suspension, and the 17" wheels, I can whip around sharp corners with my foot on the gas pedal. Love the Bose system... great sound at all volumes!

I live in San Francisco... and the car is sluggish on steep hills.... the car could use some more torque for the hills. Also, the drink holders are poorly placed... right above the stereo system!

Stay Away from Audi
By MAG

2001 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant Quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

By 5000 miles enginge coils failed one by one. They were all replaced but failed again. Ground fault sensor was installed. Now they are misfiring.

Brake