Used 2000 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Awesome, but high cost of ownership
By juuls

2000 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This was the most luxurious and fastest car I ever owned. I previously came from a Jetta that didnt have traction control. Minnesota winters suck so I thought id try out the Audi A4 Quattro. Handled like a beast! I had to sell to pay for college, but I had hose leak which caused an annoying serpentine belt squeak. Found out from the new owner that the front axel snapped and blew out the motor mount, very unfortunate. had 137k
IF youre gonna buy one, get the carfax, and make sure timing belt, water pump, suspension drag link and CV boot and all that have been inspected or replaced! the 00' was the most reliable model in my opinion.

Audi Symphony and the 1.8L turbo is pretty amazing as well. Loved the black leatherette interior. Seats are very comfy and lots of leg room in front and back. Also loved the sun roof. Kinda want my A4 back now!! If you get an A4, get a manual, you will love it.

Everyone knows about the design flaws of the suspension components. Change window regulator design.

Bad luck or actual crap of a vehicle
By Suckered

2000 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T 4dr Sedan

We bought this car for my kid. The car had 121k miles which isn't much from the reviews I have read on this vehicle. But,after owning it for less than 2 weeks it was in the shop. 4 months later, I stuck over three grand into this vehicle and it won't stop breaking. It seems like as soon as I fix one thing, another one breaks. I am ready to take it to auction.

exterior looks, heated seats

get the price down for repairs!!!! I am broke!

It is what it is...
By Chris

2000 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T 4dr Sedan

When you buy an Audi you have to accept it for what it is. My 2000 A4 1.8 Front Track has 150,000 as of yesterday. I've put 65,000 on it in my 5 years of ownership. Right now the dash is lit up like a Christmas tree, but rather than be obsessed with those lights, I just keep on driving. I think people should stop trying to keep the 'check engine' light out and just accept the fact that Audis have issues. However, that doesn't prevent them from being an outstanding car. My Audi at 150,000 has many issues, but it also starts, stops, and gets me where I need to go. It's fun and has always been dependable.

Steering, shifting, handling, interior styling.

Manual shut off of dashboard lights if desired.

Best car I've ever owned!
By RickB

2000 Audi A4 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

2nd owner of a Audi factory specialty built 1999 A4 with all 2000 model year toys like nav, xenon, recaro seats, ESP. Best car I've ever owned! Only two dislikes and they are minor. Otherwise a very solid car that I've driven throughout Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Holland and France. I definitely recommend a 2000 Audi A4 Quattro, and would also say to buy winter tires and summer tires then rotate to avoid AWD tire issues.

Solid feel, stability control that's saved me, AWD for deep snow and ski trips, cockpit look and feel/ergonomics other than my suggested improvements.

The cup holder is too short so I spilled a drink once and where the passenger seat belt is inserted into the buckle...well that sits too deep in the seat crevice and it makes it difficult for passengers to insert their seat belts...otherwise a great car.

Good for a horrible winter driver
By Leesh

2000 Audi A4 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Just traded in my trusty '93 BMW 318is 5 speed w/250k for my 2.8 A4. This car is awesome in the snow! (granted I went from rear-wheel to all-wheel) I spun the Bimmer out so many times just trying to get outta the driveway. Some electrical malfunctions, (dash board has streaks going thru the lettering, check engine light w/ no code apprearing, ) the front right tie rod squeaks, but the roads are so full of potholes here in ne Ohio, I'm lucky I still have a straight rim to roll on. Even being the daughter of the service advisor isn't going to help with the costs to repair, but knowing I will be safe and sound this upcoming winter is worth it.

Perfect size! A 22 yr old chick standing 5'4", I feel like the queen of the road in this car. Friends fit well in the back. Engine runs perfect after she sits for a bit. Like any woman she needs warmed up before you take her for a spin. The Bose system is awesome, no matter what you listen to.