2000 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Bad luck or actual crap of a vehicle
By Suckered on 04/28/10 12:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

We bought this car for my kid. The car had 121k miles which isn't much from the reviews I have read on this vehicle. But,after owning it for less than 2 weeks it was in the shop. 4 months later, I stuck over three grand into this vehicle and it won't stop breaking. It seems like as soon as I fix one thing, another one breaks. I am ready to take it to auction.

It is what it is...
By Chris on 10/25/09 06:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

When you buy an Audi you have to accept it for what it is. My 2000 A4 1.8 Front Track has 150,000 as of yesterday. I've put 65,000 on it in my 5 years of ownership. Right now the dash is lit up like a Christmas tree, but rather than be obsessed with those lights, I just keep on driving. I think people should stop trying to keep the 'check engine' light out and just accept the fact that Audis have issues. However, that doesn't prevent them from being an outstanding car. My Audi at 150,000 has many issues, but it also starts, stops, and gets me where I need to go. It's fun and has always been dependable.

Good so far!
By Jaimie on 12/03/05 23:01 PM (PST)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

I am a member of SCCA & I know from watching the Audi in action that its a stronger car than BMW or Mercedes on the track in endurance & performance. My Audi has so far been perfect. It does idle rough sometimes, electronic gauge panel went bad, & sometimes draws back after hitting the gas.

Expensive electrical problems
By Joe in Virginia on 02/26/05 13:10 PM (PST)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

We previously owned 2000 Audi A4 AWD 2 years ago. We have been astonished by the frequency and cost of expensive repairs. Our airbag controller and brake controller have failed, each costing $1000-$1500 to repair. We have developed an oil-leak costing $1000 to repair. The bumper scratches incredibly easily and ends up looking terrible. The interior trim is coming apart. Net-net, though a very pretty and comfortable car that is fun to drive, the cost of ownership is far beyod what one would expect. We will never buy another Audi!

Stay Away From Audi
By AudiHater on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

Having owned an Audi it is the worst car buying experience I have ever had. Don't buy an Audi and stay away from Flemington Audi. The technicians don't know how to diagnose or repair a problem without you bringing it in multiple times. Audi themselves, don't stand behind their cars. The build quality is extremely poor. I have had the same problems everyone else has experienced. The service area told me that German cars have a lot of electrical problems and I have had more than my fair share. The quality of parts going into the cars is the main issue. What ever you do don't buy an Audi!

Great Car
By mehurrman on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

GREAT CAR the most fun, its very sexy, i love it, its soo amazing id never get anything else.

Same Story
By CrazyBear on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

I bought this Audi for the Style, Fuel Economy, and how it handles with the Tiptronic transmission. I liked the idea of free scheduled maintenance for 50k. Then, like many others, I have lived at the dealership. Cruise control, blinking console lights, rough idle, and 5 new headlights. Too many problems for a former Honda Accord owner. Back to Honda!!!!

Audi A4 is THE Car!!!
By VladAtNebo on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

I love my Audi A4. I bought it because it is very fun to drive is solidly built. There are many performance upgrades available. Such as, 500 for a chip that adds 45hp and 85pound/ft torque. It has sound accelaration, cornering, braking ability. A manual tranny is the way to go. It's been very reliable and I have 73k so far. I use synthetic oil to keep the turbo happy and it keeps me happy when I ask for power.

love this car
By woodyp74 on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

this car is awesome. needs a bit more power...go with an apr chip and its even better

Nice ride but....too many problems
By JEM on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

I love the way the car drives and handles but I have had to take it into the shop way too many times over the last year or two. Not major things, but things like: 1) loose bolts in the engine, 2) radio lights flickering, 3) sensor in the door stopped working, 4) loud brakes, etc. For a newer car with low miles, it is ridiculous. I will never buy another Audi despite the fact thats its fun to drive. Too bad...