Used 2000 Audi A4 1.8T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Bad luck or actual crap of a vehicle
By Suckered

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

We bought this car for my kid. The car had 121k miles which isn't much from the reviews I have read on this vehicle. But,after owning it for less than 2 weeks it was in the shop. 4 months later, I stuck over three grand into this vehicle and it won't stop breaking. It seems like as soon as I fix one thing, another one breaks. I am ready to take it to auction.

Favorite Features

exterior looks, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

get the price down for repairs!!!! I am broke!

It is what it is...
By Chris

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

When you buy an Audi you have to accept it for what it is. My 2000 A4 1.8 Front Track has 150,000 as of yesterday. I've put 65,000 on it in my 5 years of ownership. Right now the dash is lit up like a Christmas tree, but rather than be obsessed with those lights, I just keep on driving. I think people should stop trying to keep the 'check engine' light out and just accept the fact that Audis have issues. However, that doesn't prevent them from being an outstanding car. My Audi at 150,000 has many issues, but it also starts, stops, and gets me where I need to go. It's fun and has always been dependable.

Favorite Features

Steering, shifting, handling, interior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Manual shut off of dashboard lights if desired.

Good so far!
By Jaimie

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

I am a member of SCCA & I know from watching the Audi in action that its a stronger car than BMW or Mercedes on the track in endurance & performance. My Audi has so far been perfect. It does idle rough sometimes, electronic gauge panel went bad, & sometimes draws back after hitting the gas.

Favorite Features

Xenons, HANDLING (Love it), & all its little safety features.

Expensive electrical problems
By Joe in Virginia

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

We previously owned 2000 Audi A4 AWD 2 years ago. We have been astonished by the frequency and cost of expensive repairs. Our airbag controller and brake controller have failed, each costing $1000-$1500 to repair. We have developed an oil-leak costing $1000 to repair. The bumper scratches incredibly easily and ends up looking terrible. The interior trim is coming apart. Net-net, though a very pretty and comfortable car that is fun to drive, the cost of ownership is far beyod what one would expect. We will never buy another Audi!

Stay Away From Audi
By AudiHater

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

Having owned an Audi it is the worst car buying experience I have ever had. Don't buy an Audi and stay away from Flemington Audi. The technicians don't know how to diagnose or repair a problem without you bringing it in multiple times. Audi themselves, don't stand behind their cars. The build quality is extremely poor. I have had the same problems everyone else has experienced. The service area told me that German cars have a lot of electrical problems and I have had more than my fair share. The quality of parts going into the cars is the main issue. What ever you do don't buy an Audi!

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power and a total redesign of the electrical system. Audi needs to do better quality control with their vendors so that shoddy parts aren't built into their cars.