2000 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews

2000 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Awesome, but high cost of ownership
By juuls on 10/13/11 21:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This was the most luxurious and fastest car I ever owned. I previously came from a Jetta that didnt have traction control. Minnesota winters suck so I thought id try out the Audi A4 Quattro. Handled like a beast! I had to sell to pay for college, but I had hose leak which caused an annoying serpentine belt squeak. Found out from the new owner that the front axel snapped and blew out the motor mount, very unfortunate. had 137k IF youre gonna buy one, get the carfax, and make sure timing belt, water pump, suspension drag link and CV boot and all that have been inspected or replaced! the 00' was the most reliable model in my opinion.

Bad luck or actual crap of a vehicle
By Suckered on 04/28/10 12:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

We bought this car for my kid. The car had 121k miles which isn't much from the reviews I have read on this vehicle. But,after owning it for less than 2 weeks it was in the shop. 4 months later, I stuck over three grand into this vehicle and it won't stop breaking. It seems like as soon as I fix one thing, another one breaks. I am ready to take it to auction.

Greatest ski car
By Seattle skier on 10/30/09 06:09 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

7 winters of driving up the mountain to ski and this car has seen it all. Truly unbelievable in the snow and ice. Very fun to drive, likes to corner fast and enjoys staying up above 3000 rpm. Perfect Seattle vehicle.

It is what it is...
By Chris on 10/25/09 06:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

When you buy an Audi you have to accept it for what it is. My 2000 A4 1.8 Front Track has 150,000 as of yesterday. I've put 65,000 on it in my 5 years of ownership. Right now the dash is lit up like a Christmas tree, but rather than be obsessed with those lights, I just keep on driving. I think people should stop trying to keep the 'check engine' light out and just accept the fact that Audis have issues. However, that doesn't prevent them from being an outstanding car. My Audi at 150,000 has many issues, but it also starts, stops, and gets me where I need to go. It's fun and has always been dependable.

Ultimate Audi
By Ultimate Avant on 10/07/09 21:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

This is by far the greatest car I've owned. You can't beat this Quattro in the snow. Just awesome. Vehicle is built like a tank. Go from Hondas all your life to an Audi, it's night and day. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...

Best car I've ever owned!
By RickB on 07/01/09 14:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

2nd owner of a Audi factory specialty built 1999 A4 with all 2000 model year toys like nav, xenon, recaro seats, ESP. Best car I've ever owned! Only two dislikes and they are minor. Otherwise a very solid car that I've driven throughout Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Holland and France. I definitely recommend a 2000 Audi A4 Quattro, and would also say to buy winter tires and summer tires then rotate to avoid AWD tire issues.

Good for a horrible winter driver
By Leesh on 04/10/08 13:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Just traded in my trusty '93 BMW 318is 5 speed w/250k for my 2.8 A4. This car is awesome in the snow! (granted I went from rear-wheel to all-wheel) I spun the Bimmer out so many times just trying to get outta the driveway. Some electrical malfunctions, (dash board has streaks going thru the lettering, check engine light w/ no code apprearing, ) the front right tie rod squeaks, but the roads are so full of potholes here in ne Ohio, I'm lucky I still have a straight rim to roll on. Even being the daughter of the service advisor isn't going to help with the costs to repair, but knowing I will be safe and sound this upcoming winter is worth it.

My audi
By dave on 12/04/07 18:48 PM (PST)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I got the car with 80000 miles and put an extra 40000 in the past two years and I can't imagine anyone having as many problems with a car than I had. Very expensive to repair the smallest stuff. The acceleration is horrible but I love the handling and brakes. I like how the lights light up a lot and love the heated seats. Everyone complains about the zero room in the back. Can't stand the buttons always jamming in the cold... cheap.

Love my car
By Happy4 on 05/20/07 19:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my Audi new from the dealer and have enjoyed driving it for the past 6 1/2 years. I love the responsiveness of the engine, it is zippy and just a blast to drive. I have a stick shift. It has great traction on the road and in the snow. Repair-wise, I have not had anything terrible happen to my car. I had an electrical problem at about 2 years old, but once it was repaired, I've been fine ever since, and I got a new radio out of that deal! I have not experienced problems with the brakes wearing out or anything like that. Now that I am over 60K miles I take it to a reliable local repair shop that is more convenient and less expensive. This is a great little car. Best car I've ever had.

Don't buy this car
By Dede on 03/14/07 17:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my Audi A4 1.8T in 2000 new. Over the last 7 years of ownership (and 69,000 miles) I have had to replace different sensors on the engine 7 different times, the last, just 2 weeks ago at $700 for two oxygen sensors. Just 4 days later I was in Audi service again for a hose that needed to be ordered, and a total of $170 would be needed. I was so mad I sent my Audi to the used car auction. I also had to replace brake pads every 11,000 miles. I thought this was also unreasonable. I averaged between $800 and $1,000 a year for maintenance and have decided this car is not worth owning.