1999 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Still love the car

1999 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

1.8T Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Still love the car
By Car Guy on

1999 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

Bought my Audi 2.8 AWD car with 70k on it about 5 years ago. I have had the usual issues that "all" Audi consumers experience. Control Arms, brakes Axel wheel bearings and tie rods. Skid plate clips broke away so I removed it in the spring, and by the summer the AC compressor had failed because of water and other road elements. I am also convinced that older Audi's dump engine exhaust heat into the cabin which annoying in the summer. With all that, you would think that I strongly disapprove of the car but on the contrary, I love the performance, AWD, winter and summer driving is always fun and plan to purchase my 7th one this winter. before you buy ask about timing belt, suspension..

Cabin interior and materials. AWD. 2.8V6 at high RPM is fun. Polished silver wheels. accent the car extremely well.

Major maintenance requires the front end to be removed. Cramped rear. Engine is placed too far forward, in front of front wheels which makes the car tipsy even with new suspension. Cheap Timing belt/ with an interference motor, meaning, if the Tbelt breaks, buy a new engine.