1999 Audi A4 Consumer Review: First Time Audi Buyer

1999 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

1999 Audi A4

1.8T Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

First Time Audi Buyer
By Tommy on

1999 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

I liked the car because of the brand (big fan) and how it looks good and the ability of the Quattro system. Bought a 10 year old car for about $10K. I've owned it for 16 mos. I disliked it because I've spent over $5,500 in repairs. It didn't have problem at first month but afterward, timing belt $1.5K, bearings changed all of them @ $700, twice in LR wheel within 1 year, CV shafts $500, flex pipe $400, spark plugs+wire set twice bc engine stutters 200 etc. The worst is my car was put in all the money, there's more to fix ABS Module $400, engine oil leak and clutch $2.5K, brake pad worn signal, rear axle leak etc. and then some guy totaled my car on the hwy. ALL $$$ I put in, gone.

Quattro, sticks to the road, bragging rights for owning an AUDI, stares of admiration from people, great exterior finish for age, great interior and comfort, leather, AWD, moonroof, fog lights, everything you want and then some in a package that will make you proud when you drive on the road

Reliability. Parts break down all the time. I'm extremely honest, I really don't know how some people can put more than 5 on reliability and I'm a huge Audi fan still. Need to convince myself to steer away from Audi for my next vehicle still as my '99 is totaled.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review