Used 1999 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

I looooove it
By randomsurfer

1999 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The car is beautiful, sporty, fun to drive, and gets compliments everywhere I take it. That may be for aesthetic reasons...and I understand some people have problems with Audis, however this is a good year (as opposed to problem years 96-97) and I think I got a good one.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling. Sporty, classy, stylish. Interior is roomy and luxurious. Trip computer is spiffffffy.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage leaves a little to be desired...or maybe it's just because I drive this thing EVERYWHERE because i love it!

140000 great miles
By ls

1999 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T 4dr Sedan

140,000 miles and we have had two failures, both casued by husnad in a hurry. The plastic on the dipstick handle broke when twisted incorrectly as did the plastic surround for the parking brake. This car has just been terrific to drive and it is outstanding in rain (we live in Western WA, we know rain) and snow. Engine has been bulletproof, interior shows virtually no wear on any surfaces. Our third Audi, certainly not our last.

Favorite Features

the quattro all wheel drive is outstanding, the interior and buld quality are as well

Suggested Improvements

back seat is too tight and has been improved in newer models.

So much for so little
By mutinyno9

1999 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had this car for about 4 months now and really love the car. Not just the looks but performance. I felt the 150hp wasn't enough, and one mod(Chip $400) made me happy with 200hp and 243ft/tq. You wont be dissapointed when buy this car the AWD helps out nicely when driving in snow/rain or just everyday use. The cost of repairs is a little steep, but it lacks there it makes up in exceptional gas milage (for an AWD/Turboed car) of 23/32, and looks and perfornace

Favorite Features

AWD Turbo 5-spd manual Red interior lights Heated seats Projector headlights 6 CD changer BOSE 9 spk sound system Digital displays

Suggested Improvements

More Horsepower More Torque Bigger Engine Bigger/Longer Warrenty All Seats Heated NAV System(on all models)

Will not give up my 2.8
By Euro Auto Addict

1999 Audi A4 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I dod a tone of research prior to buying an A4. After comparing to five other possibilities I took the plunge and have been the happiest driver since. Found a 2.8 Sport PKG with 5-spd manual with 60K. I have since added a tune kit(air induction, exhaust, brakes, and ECU) from Evolution Motor Sports in Tempe AZ and have had even more fun!! Although it is a little more money for the car in terms of initial cost and maintaining, it will cost the same as buying a cheaper auto that you have to fix coonstantly like the GMC Jimmy I had previously. Living in Colorado every aspect of the A4 is used and enjoyed. Can't wait to get a new one in about 200K miles!!

Favorite Features

QUATTRO! Very fun to drive, 5-spd manual is the only way to go, trunk space is similar to the Grand Canyon, saftey features, Bose system, solid engineering, and power everything.

Suggested Improvements

Could have a little more room for the rear seat and less trunk. Wish that the aluminum trim was an option in the 2.8, not just the 1.8T. All the other improvements are made on the newer A4's. But that was more money. Watch out for the timing belt every 60k!!!! That is a must, period!

A4 Quattro
By SavvyPlayer

1999 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Great car -- just wish I didn't go with silver.