Used 1999 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Rev it up!
By nanonevol

1999 Audi A4 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Fun to drive. Handles great with AWD and goes right up snowy hills in Worcester. Overall solid feel to the car. Doesn't look like a 15 year old car at all and I don't do anything special to take care of it. Expensive repairs come with the deal - expect them. Wheel bearings (make sure your wheels are balanced and car aligned), flex pipes, dirt in ABS sensor lights the dash. Dash is currently lit up like a Christmas tree. I'll miss it but I'm scrapping it with too many repairs needed for an '06 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD (I MUST have AWD)

Quatro, heated seats, climate control

A cup holder that's not hidden under the armrest.

Quater Million Miles and still going strong!
By djdan75

1999 Audi A4 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I got a great deal on the car in 2006 and planned on driving it for a year and then selling it to make some profit. I was blown away after the first winter driving this car in Northeast Ohio. After 245k the paint still looks new there's no rust the engine runs great the transmission shifts perfectly.. my only complaint is that I have been through 6 wheel bearings and 8 control arms.. I was told by my mechanic get used to the oil leak that is just the Audi way of marking its territory.. there is nothing on this car that is cheap to repair. even though I paid cash for my car I still consider the repairs to be a monthly car payment. But still my favorite car

keeps going and going..
By gmbh

1999 Audi A4 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought this car from the original owner in May of '09 with 129k on the meter. Three years later at 160k we still enjoy this car. As with any of the other Euro cars we've owned (two BMW's, Volvo S60) there are a few maintenance items that many people grumble about, but this car still runs as if it were new. Yes, the parts and repairs are expensive, but the end result is pride of ownership and reliability which you don't get from, as an example-a 13-year old Taurus with 160k on it!

AWD, handling

cup holders

MISTAKE
By mnels

1999 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This is a terrible car. Do not do it. I sold my Lincoln hoping the AWD would help me out in the winter and I sold the car within 2 months of having it. My clutch was bad, the back axles were screechy (500 fix), wiring for blinker was bad (200 fix), the CD player didn't work right, the tape player ate tapes, the cigerrete lighter wouldn't open(I couldn't charge my phone or gps) one of the rear windows wouldn't roll up or down, the display screen was broken, the bumper began to fall off after 2 weeks, the buttons were coming off on the key fob.. AWFUL

Heated seats, sunroof, looked good

dear Audi, start from scratch MPG's weren't great even though car was small should've made tighter turns for a small car sound system did not sound good seats aren't very comfortable not a lot of interior room etc.

207,000 and still runs strong!!!
By lockburner2000

1999 Audi A4 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Great car and a blast to drive. There easy to fix if you know anything about cars. Buy aftermarket parts online and it is cheap to keep on the road. Still org. motor and trans. Just keep her tuned up and it will treat you well. I dont care what make you have it will need work at some point like wheel bearings and ball joints and tie rods. The only thing that gets me is the oil leaking it is with all 2.8 engines. Have the new gaskets put in when the timming service is done and it will save you a pile of money. I have a 98 and my wife drives a 99 with 160,000 miles.