1998 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Tons of fun!

1998 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2.8 quattro Sedan (2.8L V6 AWD 5-speed Manual)

Tons of fun!
By inmyblood on

1998 Audi A4 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my A4 2.8Q brand new. Over 13 years later I couldn't be much happier. It drives like new with over 120k miles on it. It is great fun to drive and I love carving through the mountain snow here in Utah with only all-season tires. I had some front suspension issues until my local mechanic solved what my dealer could not. I have had my brakes done once with that same mechanic for about $600 for all four. I have replaced all four lower door trim pieces and both heated side view mirrors but no sensor or engine issues. It runs smooth and hard and I love it! My kids don't like the back seat but that is what the Odyssey is for. I wish I could afford a new one. An all around great car!

All wheel drive that you can over-steer in the wet! Balanced and smooth with well damped suspension. Lovely interior! Still fresh exterior.

Dealer costs!
By iguana6699
on 07/26/12 21:55 PM (PDT)

I recently bought a 98 A4 2.8L Quattro with over 215,000 miles (so they can go that long!) or 345,000 kms here in Canada. The car has had lots of parts replaced including bearings, suspension, timing belt (just changed). I have had 4 BMWs over 20 years, and I can already tell that a BMW is more reliable, but I really like the way the Quattro drives. A local scrap yard charges $49 for all you can carry parts, so I plan to walk out of there with every single thing I can carry. I get an "Alfa Romeo feeling" about the car already - but for people who cannot wrench a car, they can pay, or "drive a Honda". I'm expecting trouble, but I bought the car for $1,000, so I don't really care what happens to it.