Must have bought a lemon
By SM on
1998 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD
I bought this car used in 2007. It was a 1-owner vehicle with 65,000 miles. 2 weeks after I drove it off the dealership, it broke down. Thank goodness I decided to buy the extended warranty because it was $1500 to fix all that went wrong. In the year and a half I owned this car, it was nothing but problems. I would be anticipating it to break down every 2 months. Fuel line froze 4 times with Heet in the gas tank, tie rods needed replaced, ABS went out, radio needed a code that nobody could find. Would not buy an Audi unless I was making big bucks. Expect to pay a lot for maintenance.
Favorite Features
Heated seats, sunroof, acceleration, AWD.
Suggested Improvements
Make replacement parts cheaper and easier to come by. Improve reliability of this Audi...many weeks without a car due to problems.
By user01
on 07/01/12 11:34 AM (PDT)

If you bought this in 2007 used, it may have been repo'd. If it was a lot of people will beat the hell out of the car before it goes back. Did you buy it from a reputable dealer or were they trying to pass off a beat to hell demo car? If that is the case, yes, you are going to have problems with the car. My dad bought a car that was a demo and listed as 1 owner. It was owned by the dealer so they could say that If the fuel line froze with HEET in the tank then there was a problem with the HEET. usually you can get replacement parts online through reputable companies for half of what a shop would charge. Not trying to insult you, these are just a few possibilities.