1998 Audi A4 2.8L V6 AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great quality, reliable, fun to

1998 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2.8 quattro Sedan (2.8L V6 AWD 5-speed Manual)

Great quality, reliable, fun to drive.
By Denis Abramov on

1998 Audi A4 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have driven my pearl white Audi for about 3 months now. Before this Audi, I was driving a 2002 Volvo S60 (great car also). I have all factory packages that were available for this car. My car has a 30v V6 which sounds lovely before 4k rpms, after that, it builds up this roar, all the way to redline of 6800. The sport package is outstanding (if you prefer comfort, you wouldn't like it). The sport seats are somewhat hard but support you when entering a corner at 40+mph. Suspension is a bit harsh too but the car handles like it is on rails. Cruising at 80mph is a breeze and my friends can't even tell we're going 80. Take care of it, it will last forever!

Favorite Features

Legendary Quattro system, Bose sound, sport seats, handling, reliability (no problems at 127k miles), interior and exterior design, quiet ride, material quality, and of course, the switchblade key. :)

Suggested Improvements

The seals leak on Audi (weak spot on any older Audi/VW as well as rubber engine mounts wearing out - easy and cheap fix though), make sure you change them when you change the timing belt. The only thing I absolutely hate about my A4, is the cupholders. They are just awful.