I'll never buy an Audi again. Stay away.
By Charlie on
1997 Audi A4 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD
I bought this car mainly because of the look. I still love the look. It's too bad the rest of the car doesn't hold up. These cars are finicky. If you don't use synthetic oil you are asking for trouble. My car is dead after 150k miles due to oil sludge - which is sad for a car built in the 90s. I gave it regular 3k oil changes, but I used normal oil. That's only part of the problem. This car was in the garage every 6 months for this, that and the other. Expensive suspension failures, Cat converters going out, water pump, cracked fluid reservoirs, valve gasket leak, etc., etc., etc. Come on Audi - have some pride.
Favorite Features
The look and the tight handling. The car would drive straight as an arrow without my hand on the wheel. The interior was also nice.
Suggested Improvements
The car was a gas guzzler, and slow. Audi should pick one of the two: either improve reliability or pick cheaper components.
By enzo700
on 02/26/13 15:56 PM (PST)

what can you expect you use cheap non synthetic oil of coarse and audi will fall apart thats goes for any german car..same with a person if you drink sodas and bad stuff what happens you get fat and die..the car was probly slow cause you used cheap gas..its a premium only..lol...the point is people if you tAKE CARE OF YOUR CAR it will take care of you!