1997 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Great car overall
By Audi lover on 09/05/05 23:59 PM (PDT)

1997 Audi A4 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my 1st Audi and definately not the last. Its awesome on the interstate as well as on short in-town trips. In the snow, I think it handles better than the AMTRAK. Seriously, on snow/ice/wet pavement, the car grips like nothing else, even on regular summer tires. Kind of costly when repairs are needed but its expected on all higher end brands, MB is not cheaper. Just remember this is not a Pontiac or Ford where anyone can work on it. V6 engine could use a little more horses but its just enough and very quiet. I travel a lot and I am always on a rental car. I cannot wait til I get back to my Audi, everytime. It never fails.

Like but trouble
By ed on 05/08/05 21:23 PM (PDT)

1997 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Great car to drive. Can not beat it in snow with 4 snow tires. Many problems with repairs. Front end parts, electronics, leaks, trans. Will not get another German car they are very nice but too many expensive repairs.

fun little machine
By Pickle on 03/03/05 13:25 PM (PST)

1997 Audi A4 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my A4 at 3 years old, and have run it up to 116,000 miles. It has been incredibly dependable; but repairs aren't cheap. The car always gives me plenty of (usually audible) signs that something needs attention. I have had to replace the CD player and all the ball joints...other than that, it has been great.

Must be Wealthy
By Ammad on 11/12/04 12:12 PM (PST)

1997 Audi A4 1.8T 4dr Sedan

Bought my Audi A4 1.8T in 2000. The car was great, and it is so much fun to drive. It is a pleasure to drive in the snow. However, some how after 50,000 miles or so. I started hearing some rattling. The dealerhips have no customer service, and they are really rude. They charge you thousands of dollars for parts and labor charges that sometimes are more expensive than the super expensive parts. Then you get electrical problems that cost $1,500 each to fix. Be prepared to spend a lot of money in maintaining this car. And even then sometimes I think was it worth it? Right now going between a G35 or a new A4.

My Third Quattro - Highly Recommended
By MarkHG on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Audi A4 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my 3rd Audi Quattro (4000Q and 90Q) that I have had for more than 100,000 miles. I have been very happy with every aspect of the car. After 100,000 miles it runs and looks great. The performance and gas mileage have only IMPROVED as the mileage piled up. The Quattro system (and heated leather seats) easily conquers anything a New England winter can throw at me (and I live in the mountains).

Spectacular!
By William Miller on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I had a blue adui a4 and i loved it, it was like my little go kart, becuase it was so fun to drive. I liked the layout of the interior, but i wish the backseat was bigger. I was also very pleased with the reliability. All in all, i recomend this car to anybody who is looking for a small, reliable, and fun to drive automobile.

Fabulous Choice!
By volkchick on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Audi A4 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This car is a great choice for anyone looking for a medium sized 4 door sport sedan. Great for the younger market. Price is excellent for the amount and quality of vehicle that you get. At 7 years old my vehicle is in great condition and runs like a dream. The get up and go is amazing, unlike other sports cars of its age.

Great Mountain Car if you can afford it
By skirat on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Audi A4 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this car! I bought it used at 85k miles and have a 117000 now. It's smooth, good pep- not a barn burner, but adequate. The naturally asperated FI V6 is very nice. The car is solid like a Benz and has a strong hint of Porche in it. It's a cat in the snow. The wheels never spin-never! I recently bought a 2004- I like it even more! Repairs are expensive- It's cheaper to lease a new one covered in warranty, then to keep pouring big bucks into the old babe- Nothing lasts for ever...

not impressed
By 1997audi on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Audi A4 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

the worst 33 thousand i've ever spent on a new car. it may be fun to drive by the costs of repairs alone will burn a serious hole in your wallet.

A4 1.8t quattro (97)
By CorradoTurbo on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Driven 3,500 miles so far not bad on gas on long trips averaged 28 mpg, but around city down around 20-21. Nice ride and awesome in the snow. Car was built very nice and a good price!