2016 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Audi A3

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Empty Nesters Love 2016 Audi Cabriolet
By Nathan

2016 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI Premium Plus 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Wife and I are "empty nesters," making the A3 cabriolet perfect for us. The ride is quiet, sufficiently powerful and "luxury smooth." The standard leather seats are very comfortable. The inside is laid out thoughtfully and everything is accessed conveniently. Car is quite handsome with top up or down and the convertible top is incredibly easy to operate in all respects. The Audi 3 seems to have all the latest technology---as much as I could possibly need and deal with. The ability to leave my iPod home and enjoy all my music from a custom-loaded, tiny sound card is just one of the many very nice little extras I discovered after buying this car.The windscreen is a great standard feature that is remarkably effective in minimizing the wind inside the cabin---wife thankfully no longer needs to put the windows up when the top is down in order to protect her hairdo. Only oddity is that power seats are not available at any price---no problem for us, though, since I am pretty much the only driver. The car is a bit pricey but the quality seems to be there and I've learned that you get only what you pay for. Thus, I'm confident this A3 cabriolet will be a durable and reliable car for us for many years to come. It is truly a pleasure to drive and I'm quite proud to be seen in it.

A Goldilocks car: just right!
By smerdyakov

2016 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus S Line quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was considering trading my 2014 S4 for a 2017 A4, but the annoying center display and contradictory options packages eliminated the A4. I then turned to the A3, which I had thought would be too small: I was wrong, at least for the way I use my car (mostly local driving, usually only with one passenger). I bought a 2.0 Quattro Premium Plus with the sport package, and it accelerates much better than I expected, nearly as well as my S4 did (being smaller and much lighter helps in that regard). As one expects of Audi, the fit and finish, inside and out, is excellent. As far as driving dynamics are concerned, it is very responsive and nimble, feeling much like my Porsche Boxster.
Given its smaller size, it may not suit those who have to carry a lot of cargo, or those who have to carry more than one passenger. It may also not be the best car for those who drive a lot of highway miles, due to its short wheelbase. Overall, however, I recommend it highly to those people looking for a sporty, high quality smaller car.

Pre-lease Test Drive
By Tony Rispoli

2016 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Great car. Waiting to see what 2017 has to offer as their standard.

Bang for your buck
By Sid T.

2016 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my first Audi. I've always been a fan of the A3, even before it was changed to a sedan. When the sedan came out, I knew I was going to get that car. Although one of the bad things that this car is always dinged on - The Backseats - I have no complaints. Sure, it's tight back there but I'm never in the back seats so I don't really care that it's small.
Perky little engine! So much fun to drive. I can't say that I've driven up the arroyo parkway at about 80-90 mph though.... lol The fuel mileage can be better but then again, I live in Los Angeles and it's stop and go traffic at any point of the day. I have gotten great mileage when I hit an open road. Sound system is good. I feel like there's a slight delay on initial accelaration but I may just have to tweak the settings to fix that.

Overall, it's a great car to drive and you get your monies worth.

Fantastic!
By Carolyn

2016 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI Premium Plus S Line 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is classy and so much fun to drive. The A3 is for someone who wants luxury and affordability.