2015 Audi A3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Audi A3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Horrible experience with Audi A3 Cabriolet
By sairamkumar

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I leased a new 2015 Audi A3 Cabriolet from Audi Palo Alto in October. A few weeks back as the car was climbing a hill enroute to Lombard street in San Francisco in Traffic, it started slipping backwards and refused to accelerate upwards. The cars behind me naturally honked and drivers were mad at my car not only blocking traffic but slipping backwards. When I switched off the car and tried restarting it would not start for 10 min. After 10 min, it started again and went up 100 feet and again slipped backwards. Somehow after an hour long traumatic experience, I got out of the hill. Following this, I had a horrible experience with the service team at Audi Palo Alto too...

Suggested Improvements

Make a car that does not roll back in a hill....

First Teutonic love affair
By alex768

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 1.8 TFSI Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my first Audi and I have to say I'm in love. The little 1.8 pulls hard at the lower end and the grip is seemingly endless. I constantly catch myself pushing its limits in the corners and even when the limit is hit the electric steering does a good job of letting me know. When not bombing corners, the car is incredibly composed and serene, especially at highway speeds. I've never been happier and I'm actually let down when I hop in any other vehicle. The audi service department is also excellent. Whenever I go in for an oil change or otherwise they seem to throw me the keys to a rental and get everything taken care of quickly.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would probably MMI. The pop up screen looks sleek and can be stowed when you're not using it. MMI is probably the most intuitive infotainment system I have ever used. It even allows you to write characters on the scroll knob!

Suggested Improvements

Not much, relly. If you're a well-fingered millennial like myself, I would say spend the extra money for the Bang and Olufsen stereo system. Though the stock system is quite good.

All round excellence!
By markrn1

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have driven my 2015 Audi A3 for 1 week as of today. I have a Premium and only upgrade is to cold weather package. This car delivers an excellent value for the purchase price and is surprisingly well equipped for a base, entry level model. It has standard sun-roof, leather seats, an incredibly easy to use MMI system and with my upgrade heated seats. Working with my Audi sales rep was a very pleasant and experience and my purchase was made both easy and fun. Trading from a Jeep Commander, I was concerned about how I would feel driving a small sedan again, but the A3 feels confident and controlled. Couldn't be happier!

Favorite Features

Near everything. AWD is a must living in a very snowy/icy winter wonderland. Sunroof is wonderful for the months of warm weather we do get. Driver's seat and steering wheel mounted controls are intuitive and comfortable to use without having to distract any attention from driving. MMI is insanely intelligent. I was using the full functionality before even reviewing the user's manual (and I am not a tech person). Exterior LED lighting is bright and ample for twisty 2 lanes at night. Climate control is fuss free. Remote controlled window and sunroof activation has to be my favorite for quick interior cooling of the black leather on hot days!

Suggested Improvements

#1: Remote start. I live in a climate where the coldest winter days regularly are in the -30s and approach -40 at least a few nights out of the year. I was advised that Audi does not offer remote start as an option and installing post-factory could result in a void of the warranty which is a risk I won't take. I wish they would consider something as a remote start option, but I did know this prior to purchase and still decided all of the great features were worth the trade off. That would be my only recommended change 1 week into driving.

Buy something else
By awdadict

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Nice little car with decent performance, however, the transmission required replacement after 9300 miles and 8 months of ownership. Manufacturing defect or not, this is an unacceptably low level of quality. I traded the car in on a different brand of vehicle immediately after the transmission was replaced. At least the repair was covered under warranty. Also, the mixed city/highway gas mileage is overrated. I consistently got near the bottom of the range, without hammering on the accelerator all the time. I got good mileage on long trips, though.

Favorite Features

Interior was relatively comfortable. Good audio system, well-placed climate controls.

Suggested Improvements

Backup camera should be standard, some base-model Japanese cars include this as an option. Put better quality transmissions in the cars. More rear seat headroom.

Truth in Egineering?
By RS Yasuoka

Unbelievable but the transmission had to be replaced. Car was not even driven off the dealer for a week. I had picked up the car on Sunday, driven it to work for a week and tooling around on Saturday when I notice the engine light came on followed shortly by a yellow warning message that the car's reverse gear may not be working but the car was considered drivable? Say what? I realized the car would not move past 3rd gear and started a high pitch whine in the transmission. Short story, the car was placed on a flatbed tow truck (Quattro) and take back to the dealer. Monday afternoon I was told car needed new transmission and that it had to be shipped in.