2015 Audi A3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Audi A3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

You get a leaky roof with an Audi Convertible???
By Cookie's Audi

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My A3 has been in the shop a total of 3 visits / 30 days. One visit was never recorded with Audi after 7 days of trying to trouble shoot and duplicate the leaking, which they never did get to leak....supposedly. Took it in twice to a dealer with it physically and they still said I was imagining things. REALLY DISAPPOINTING AND VERY FRUSTRATING after I had such high expectations of buying a luxury European car such as Audi AND FOR THE PRICE. The convertible button is located on the lower console but my puppy (45 pounds) steps on it, it starts rolling up. One other time he stepped on the power button and the doors locked with my key fob sitting on my seat, he stepped on the lock button on the key fob....glad the windows were down partially and I could reach my key. Lesson learned there and really pretty stupid of me to leave my puppy in the car to talk to the mailman, but thought they might make it a bit harder than that to lock yourself out. Surprised the key fob isn't deactivated if detected in the car. Pinch protection on the windows was not working, one day I went to my car after it poured rain for 3 hours and drivers window was down 1/3 of the way and the interior door, seat and floor were soaked. This happened with the passenger rear window as well. The Audi connect never stayed connected, had to go through a big process every time I tried to use it and log in again and again, with a pin and other annoying login criteria, it was only a 3 month trial. After that you pay $500/year for the service and as far as I could tell, you only received a satellite image of the navigation, which for that price I am ok with 3D. Navigation seems really outdated even with the most current version....supposedly. The one thing good about my car is the ride. I do enjoy the handling and peppy pick up, VERY SLOW acceleration which they say because it has a clutch system, which I thought would be instant. Probably should have saved myself $20k and bought a Beetle convertible - same options and details since they are made by the same company. The convertible is lumpy and creases easily. Large amount of road noise which I believe is associated with the top leaking since it is not sealing properly. The Quattro is very nice in the winter. Glitchy annoyances like after closing convertible it turns my heater on full blast and it's 90 degrees out. If you switch from radio screen to navigation it goes to radio stations in the area not the presets that it was on so you have to switch back and hit the preset button again. I could go on and on......I would pass if I were you!!

Great car, not perfect.
By Aron Ma

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 1.8 TFSI Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Pros: Low MSRP for a luxury car. Interior was extremely well built. Very quiet ride, very comfortable. Driving was great besides acceleration. Good fuel economy if you don't drive it very hard. Cons: Tight headroom for the backseat. Subpar cargo capacity, less than a BMW 3 series. Slow acceleration. I think this car is amazing! If you don't mind the cargo being slightly smaller than average, I'd say this is the best compact car EVER! Besides, the cargo space is enough unless your carrying something huge, in which case you don't want ANY compact sedan. Be aware that this is my opinion on this car, your experience will most likely be different.

Horrible experience with Audi A3 Cabriolet
By sairamkumar

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I leased a new 2015 Audi A3 Cabriolet from Audi Palo Alto in October. A few weeks back as the car was climbing a hill enroute to Lombard street in San Francisco in Traffic, it started slipping backwards and refused to accelerate upwards. The cars behind me naturally honked and drivers were mad at my car not only blocking traffic but slipping backwards. When I switched off the car and tried restarting it would not start for 10 min. After 10 min, it started again and went up 100 feet and again slipped backwards. Somehow after an hour long traumatic experience, I got out of the hill. Following this, I had a horrible experience with the service team at Audi Palo Alto too...

Make a car that does not roll back in a hill....

First Teutonic love affair
By alex768

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 1.8 TFSI Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my first Audi and I have to say I'm in love. The little 1.8 pulls hard at the lower end and the grip is seemingly endless. I constantly catch myself pushing its limits in the corners and even when the limit is hit the electric steering does a good job of letting me know. When not bombing corners, the car is incredibly composed and serene, especially at highway speeds. I've never been happier and I'm actually let down when I hop in any other vehicle. The audi service department is also excellent. Whenever I go in for an oil change or otherwise they seem to throw me the keys to a rental and get everything taken care of quickly.

My favorite feature would probably MMI. The pop up screen looks sleek and can be stowed when you're not using it. MMI is probably the most intuitive infotainment system I have ever used. It even allows you to write characters on the scroll knob!

Not much, relly. If you're a well-fingered millennial like myself, I would say spend the extra money for the Bang and Olufsen stereo system. Though the stock system is quite good.

All round excellence!
By markrn1

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have driven my 2015 Audi A3 for 1 week as of today. I have a Premium and only upgrade is to cold weather package. This car delivers an excellent value for the purchase price and is surprisingly well equipped for a base, entry level model. It has standard sun-roof, leather seats, an incredibly easy to use MMI system and with my upgrade heated seats. Working with my Audi sales rep was a very pleasant and experience and my purchase was made both easy and fun. Trading from a Jeep Commander, I was concerned about how I would feel driving a small sedan again, but the A3 feels confident and controlled. Couldn't be happier!

Near everything. AWD is a must living in a very snowy/icy winter wonderland. Sunroof is wonderful for the months of warm weather we do get. Driver's seat and steering wheel mounted controls are intuitive and comfortable to use without having to distract any attention from driving. MMI is insanely intelligent. I was using the full functionality before even reviewing the user's manual (and I am not a tech person). Exterior LED lighting is bright and ample for twisty 2 lanes at night. Climate control is fuss free. Remote controlled window and sunroof activation has to be my favorite for quick interior cooling of the black leather on hot days!

#1: Remote start. I live in a climate where the coldest winter days regularly are in the -30s and approach -40 at least a few nights out of the year. I was advised that Audi does not offer remote start as an option and installing post-factory could result in a void of the warranty which is a risk I won't take. I wish they would consider something as a remote start option, but I did know this prior to purchase and still decided all of the great features were worth the trade off. That would be my only recommended change 1 week into driving.