2015 Audi A3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Audi A3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

2015 Audi A3
By Frania23

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 1.8 TFSI Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

It was a 2015 leftover with 40 miles when I purchased it in June of 2016. I've had the car for only 1 month but really love it. I am 50 and this is my mid-life crisis car and am really enjoying the drive. I transitioned from a soccer mom highlander driver (which is a great vehicle), to empty nester Audi A3 driver. Enjoying the ride!

Love hate relationship
By Natasha

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 1.8 TFSI Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I loved my 2015 A3 when I first bought it, but after 9,500 miles I began to have problems. My car would turn over, but it was unable to accelerate. The dealership had my car over two weeks and finally told me there was a defective spring on the cylinder. Once I got the car back the EPC light started coming on and I lose power while trying to accelerate. At other times when I accelerate the car loses power without the EPC light coming on. I took it back to the dealer and I'm going on day three with still no answers. I only have 12,000 miles on this car and I shouldn't be having these huge problems. I love the look, comfort and feel of my car. When it's running I love it, but I am VERY concerned that i will continue to have problems with the car. On another note you cannot fit normal sized adults in the back seats. Their heads don't fit and there is no leg room. The cup holders in the front are awful and it is very difficult to put large drinks in them without spilling.

Lemonade season is almost over
By Sonia

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 1.8 TFSI Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Uncomfortable rear seats with no leg room. AC is not as powerful as it should be and will not cool off your passengers in the rear seats. There has been a tapping noise coming from the sunroof which the dealership cannot seem to locate. They stated that this is normal due to the new models all glass sunroof. Experienced a loud whistling noise coming from the ac, Talk about embarrassment. The dealer said there was tree leaves. Lol. Less than a year with this car and already went in to have the ignition switch completely replaced. ( key is removed yet still recognizing a key in the ignition, if you don't pay attention your interior and exterior lights will stay on and your battery will drain) The brakes have started to roll which makes me weary if I ever am in a jam. This has got to be the biggest headache known to man. At less than 11,000 miles my check oil light went on, I'm not sure this was a wise decision. It's time to breakup!

Needed more testing w/women drivers
By Peg S

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 1.8 TFSI Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I just traded in my Audi A4 for an A3 this spring and am, in general, pretty happy with it. I bought the most tricked out model with driver assist, auto braking, etc/. No one -- I repeat -- no one does driver friendly technology the way Audi does. It's one of the reasons I love the brand. Every time I drive my husband's Mercedes, I cringe at having to deal with an illogical navigation system. I love the car's handling with the exception that it can be a bit trickier than my A4 on curves - perhaps because of the more narrow wheel base. The reason I say that a little more testing with women drivers would have been helpful is because the car lacks a couple of features that a woman will notice. Unlike my A4, the A3 does not have the automatic seat settings so every time I get in the car after having it valet parked, I inevitably have to move the seat back in position. But the thing that drives me absolutely nuts is that the A3 offers ONLY the options of having a driver's door open with the keyless OR all 4 doors. Gentleman - what exactly do you think a lady does with her larger size handbag? Hint: we do not hike it over the console!!!! We put it in the back seat, which means that you should have offered the setting to open only the two doors on the driver's side or allow the doors to open independently. Now, I have no choice but to use the 4-door setting, which makes me more vulnerable to things like carjacking when I get in my car in a parking garage.

A great smaller Audi
By Ron White

2015 Audi A3 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I traded a 2013 A4 for an A3 2.0 Premium Plus Quattro. It's about a foot shorter than the A4 and feels sportier and quicker since it has the same engine but is smaller and lighter. The interior is definitely up to Audi standards, but the CD player is placed in the glove box, making it useless when the driver is alone (unless you want to drive into a ditch changing a CD!). The handling is sporty, steering seems tighter than the A4, and the car rides just as well as its larger cousin. The engine is quiet and smooth but there seems to be more road noise than the A4, probably due to less sound insulation. Mileage has been impressive, quite a bit better than the A4. Comfort and space int the front seat seem equal to the A4 but the back is understandably tighter. The bucket seats are firm and comfortable on a long trip. Drove through several snowstorms this winter, and the Quattro all-wheel drive keeps the car feeling secure and planted. Overall, I love this car--it has Audi's classy styling and quality in a smaller package that's fun to drive.