2015 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Audi A3

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

2015 Audi A3
By Frania23

2015 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

It was a 2015 leftover with 40 miles when I purchased it in June of 2016. I've had the car for only 1 month but really love it. I am 50 and this is my mid-life crisis car and am really enjoying the drive. I transitioned from a soccer mom highlander driver (which is a great vehicle), to empty nester Audi A3 driver. Enjoying the ride!

I said "Bye, Felicia!" to a BMW 328 for this car
By Gordo

2015 Audi A3 2.0 TDI Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I purchased this car as a CPO with 13,000 miles (it was a dealer loaner) after getting rid of a very problematic BMW that was in the shop every month for the 9 months that I had it (always a new issue). I was leery about getting another VW product after being burned with issues galore by two late 90's-era Jettas and my 2004 Passat, but that was a long time ago and I had recently read that Audi reliability was #3 or #4 out of all brands, so I took a leap o' faith.

It's been a month, and so far, I have been VERY impressed. I actually have the 1.8T with the Premium Plus package, and it has everything I could ever want-heated seats, Nav (which comes with a free 6 month subscription to AT&T that turns the car into a rolling hotspot and links the Nav up to Google Earth-which is pure awesomeness), Dual Climate AC, and the best part of all-the Bang & Olufsen stereo-which truly is "banging'". I had the Harmon Kardon stereo upgrade in my 328, and I didn't think it was possible-but the B & O system is way better! Thus far everything is working as it should-no interior lights have burned out nor interior trim pieces have broken off, a la my previous VW's.

I recently broke the car in on a Cannonball run to West Texas-6 hours in the car and the seats still felt comfortable. The car is rock-steady at 90-100 MPH, and passing power is more than ample. My only complaints are sometimes there is excessive road noise (dependent on the road surface, of course)-but I believe this is due to the lower-profile optional 18-inch 10 spokes that I have on my car. Also, due to these tires, you can feel more imperfections in the road, and I don't like the way the brakes feel when braking with these tires, either.

The car is small, but it's designed to be a small car so I'm really surprised when people say the trunk space and backseat are inadequate. Duh. I have no kids so it's a perfect size-my BMW was actually too big for my preferences. The gas tank is relatively small, so I find myself filling up more only due to its size (I think 12 or 13 gallons max) and not due to bad fuel economy-in the traffic hell that is Austin I still average 28 MPG.

This car is right-sized with very sophisticated styling that pictures don't do justice. I think these cars are a fantastic value if you get a slightly used one, mine brand new cost $37K with all the options I have.

Wifey LovesHer Ragtop
By Andy J

2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Looked for a convertible for her for over a year -- Mustang, Camaro, BMW Z4, Lexus, etc and none of them seemed to fit the bill of what we wanted -- namely, high build quality, decent onroad performance and technology, a usable backseat, for under $40,000. We found it in a leftover 2015 model A3 2.0 Quattro Cabriolet. I have driven it some, quite impressed with its (front seat) legroom, smooth ride & handling, and giddy-up, esp. when you drop it into Sport mode. Gets lots of positive comments from onlookers.

Note: Don't expect to get 33 MPG, it's too much fun to get into the gas, we're seeing about 25 MPG overall but who cares. Also there is a learning curve on the MMI but once you figure it out it's cool.

Come on now, do your homework.
By Bigstepper

I researched the A3 and test drove it a handful of times before buying it. What I don't understand, therefore, are reviewers who are critical of the car (or any new car, for that matter) on things that should be obvious. Come on now, before spending your hard earned money, didn't you do your homework? You complain that the seats aren't heated, and the GPS is not what you like. Really? I think it's one thing to have 'failed' experiences, like poor reliability or gas mileage, but if you wanted certain features, why did you buy the car? That all said, the A3 is a great compact car. I love the look and feel. And features.

Love hate relationship
By Natasha

2015 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI Premium 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I loved my 2015 A3 when I first bought it, but after 9,500 miles I began to have problems. My car would turn over, but it was unable to accelerate. The dealership had my car over two weeks and finally told me there was a defective spring on the cylinder. Once I got the car back the EPC light started coming on and I lose power while trying to accelerate. At other times when I accelerate the car loses power without the EPC light coming on. I took it back to the dealer and I'm going on day three with still no answers. I only have 12,000 miles on this car and I shouldn't be having these huge problems. I love the look, comfort and feel of my car. When it's running I love it, but I am VERY concerned that i will continue to have problems with the car. On another note you cannot fit normal sized adults in the back seats. Their heads don't fit and there is no leg room. The cup holders in the front are awful and it is very difficult to put large drinks in them without spilling.