Beware of heated seat issues
By studiodriver on
2011 Audi A3 2.0 TDI Premium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
In most categories, I love this car. I like the look, the fuel economy, it's fun to drive and has a great stereo. The turbo lag does take some getting used to - When accelerating from a stop, it can take a full second or two for the turbo to engage. It's very responsive once you've started moving. Fuel economy is great and overall, it's really a fun little car. However, you should be aware that the heated seats are basically useless. My dealer explained that they have heard numerous complaints about them and that they perform 'to Spec'. If you Google Audi Heated seats, you'll find several Audi forums discussing the issue. If you love heated seats like I do, know that they don't work.
Favorite Features
Look, fuel economy, fun to drive
Suggested Improvements
resolve the heated seats issue
By chris524
on 05/09/12 15:03 PM (PDT)

I agree about the heated seats. We have driven Audis since 1990, with heated seats since 1993. Due to a really bad back, I leave mine on 6 year round. We currently drive 2006 Audi A3s (great cars -- better than the Porsches we have had). The dealer loaned me a Q5 while I took mine in for annual maintenance and the heated seat was worthless. I took the other A3 in and got a different Q5 -- same crappy heated seats. We recently have rented a Ford Edge and an Infinity while on vacations. Both cars had better heated seats than the Audis. I am disappointed that Audi gave in to complaints and didn't just tell the people to turn down the temperature. A FORD beat an AUDI for heated seats!