2011 Audi A3 Consumer Review: Almost There - but Audi got a

2011 Audi A3 Diesel - Consumer Review

Almost There - but Audi got a bit cheap on this vehicle
By jinoc on

2011 Audi A3 2.0 TDI Premium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Any car like this one with an MSRP over $33k should definitely have some common features: garage door opener, power passenger seats, memory settings, auto-dimming mirrors, and automatic headlights. Most of these things cost the manufacturer almost nothing to install, but Audi left them off the A3. This tells me they think the target market is not an upscale or move-up buyer who would expect these things. But I'd bet many other less-expensive vehicles have some or all of these features. All this aside - I really like this car. I was torn between an A3 and a Jetta TDI SportWagen, but went with the Audi because of a few better features. And it looks much better.

Exterior appearance, especially the Meteor Gray paint (absolutely the color I've ever had), great ride, even with the 17" wheels (which are just fine for a car this size - 18" are too punishing and a waste of money here). Seats are perfectly comfortable, and I'm glad that Xenons are available without having to go above $35k. Smooth shifting, fun - not the fastest of course, but a terrific ride.

Add in some convenience features mentioned, especially automatic lights, memory seats and garage door opener. Also, my 2005.5 Audi A4 had a great specialized location for the owner's manual, but this car's glove compartment even seemed not designed for the manual/books.