A GTI in a suit
By since59 on
2009 Audi A3 2.0T PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I needed to replace my 11 year old TT roadster with a larger car. I was looking at 2-3 year old A4 Avants but they were too expensive. Last week I bought an A3 used with 30k on the odometer. I just finished a 1000 mile road trip in 100+ degree heat at an average speed of 85 mph without a single problem. Great power from the 2.0 turbo that emits a wonderful snarl when you floor it and the dual clutch transmission is an able dance partner in the twisties. The dual zone AC kept the cabin of my black on black skyroof equipped A3 cool and comfortable while we cruised through the Mojave desert and the engine temp needle never budged past the middle of the dial. Great little car!
Favorite Features
This is a GTI in a tailored suit just more upscale while still staying true to the GTI's sporting capabilities. The quasi-wagon versitility is a great plus when you need to a lot of stuff really fast!
Suggested Improvements
More rear seat legroom. I'm 6' tall and when I have the driver's seat adjusted for me there is little room for anyone taller than 5', 5" in the backseat.