2009 Audi A3 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - a year and 30k miles

2009 Audi A3 - Consumer Review

2009 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2.0T Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

a year and 30k miles in my A3
By eurocarlover19 on

2009 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 09 A3(2.0T w/S-tronic) in July 2012, with 51k miles, now has 81k miles. MPG has actually gotten better, and I routinely get over 30 commuting to work(22 miles one way). Had to replace the electronic throttle, but other than that, I've spent $2.5k on regular maintenance--tune up, oil changes, brakes, tires. The seatbacks came unglued, so i simply super-glued them back together, with no issues. The armrest also came undone, but to replace the top portion, it will cost me $200, so that will also be super-glued back. I will consider the 2015 A3 when it arrives, though i'll also be cross-shopping with the Volvo V60(soon to arrive), and the new GTI.

Favorite Features

comfortable ride, good acceleration, cargo space, decent stock stereo, which i'll soon be upgrading.

Suggested Improvements

i hate(and i rarely use that word) the s-tronic!!!!!!! hate it!!!!!! it's best described as "herky-jerky". the extra-terrestrial shifting in the old Maserati Quattroporte has nothing on this crappy transmission! it jerks from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, and then when you are braking, it downshifts with a jerking action. and don't be in traffic....you have to time it just right so that it doesn't jerk on you, as if you were driving your first manual tranny car! why couldn't they have just gone with the tiptronic??? if this behaves the same way in the 2015 A3, i'll be trading this sucker in for the Volvo!