2008 Audi A3 Consumer Review: Simply well done

2008 Audi A3 - Consumer Review

2008 Audi A3

2.0T Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Simply well done
By phaetonboi on

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It was at the Atlanta Auto Show that I fell in love with the Audi A3. My current car due end of its lease was a 2006 VW Touareg. A wonderful SUV yet it was not something I would ever get again unless diesel was offered. Simply put, small engine pulling around a heavy car. Out of all the cars I saw that day, I decided the A3 was the one. Next day I leased a metallic grey pearl, open sky, premium package, and s-tronic automatic. The 2.0 engine, I believe, coupled with a flawless DSG will allow this car to drive well beyond 100,000 miles. The Open Sky, while novel, and great if rear passengers are present, is very hot in the summer.

engine + transmission=driving excellence. Interior is excellently crafted, exterior is excellent as well. The leather will maintain through the life of the car. Utility is wonderful. MPG-I get usually 23 in the city, 34 on highway.

Open Sky might warrant popped up roof strips, get them checked, mine damaged my hatch. Absolutely buy better tires after 20,000 miles on those Pirellis. No retrofit bluetooth is ridiculous, and if you live in warm weather ie above 91 like I do, the open sky will bake you alive. Road noise is loud.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review