Used 2008 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi A3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

This is one bad little car
By puroman

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First road trip with the car using sport shifting with the dsg and was completely gobsmacked by the performance of this car. Goes like stink, handles the curves like it's nobody's business and that transmisssion is without a doubt the best in the world and worth the extra cash. Throw the back seats down, throw the dog in, and off you go. Lots of room for two with luggage and that's all you need. Gas mileage is superb for a car with this performance. Too bad is has to be high test but you can't get everything. Ipod setup is easy but info on instrument panel could be a little more informational and clearer. But just go drive (faster if possible) you will love this car

Favorite Features

DSG, performance, gas mileage, exterior styling especially the front

Suggested Improvements

Wish the open sky opened a bit more. Maybe if the back moon roof opened

Excellent, Fun Car for the Money!
By ASM

2008 Audi A3 2.0T PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car, and I have had plenty to compare it to. I also own a Prius, which I kept, but I wanted a "fun" car, and I got that. I know everyone raves about the automatic, but frankly I love the stick shift. It is very responsive, and once you get use to the great distance the clutch goes in (I am only 5'4") shifting is very smooth! I have an hour drive to and from work everyday, and this has made it a pleasure!

Favorite Features

Styling, manual shift, great pickup, the hatch back (I can fit tons in this car for its size), great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

More features should come standard, rather than as "options", more storage, move the cupholders so large drinks don't inhibit the manual shift.

Sports Car plus
By philsoc8

2008 Audi A3 2.0T PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wanted a sports coupe, but couldn't live without a backseat and some cargo space. The A3 completely fits the bill. Great engine; amazing transmission; handles like it's on rails. Small size makes it tossable and zoom with an efficient engine, but the A3's real secret weapon is the practical space. Audi doesn't want you to know this, but the back seat in the A3 is bigger than that in the A4. My kids love it! True, it is not a bargain, if you price things on a per-inch basis, but if you value things because of how good they are, not just how big, you will love this car.

Favorite Features

Transmission, engine, handling, drivers seat

Suggested Improvements

More options should be standard.

Great Car!
By Bzk

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After owning several Audi vehicles, I can say that i'm a big Audi fan. So, when it was time to change my car again, I took to my local Audi dealer for my base model A3 with DSG. This car is great and I saved a good amount of money by not choosing many costly options. I'm pretty much happy with all standart equipment such as dual A/C, great stereo, excelent transmission, well designed and built interior and exterior. If you want a Audi vehicle, beware of costly options. This car can go well over $30k with a few check marks on the option list. Oh, did I mention how great the gas mileage is?

Favorite Features

Exterior and Interior design and built quality. Great engine 2.0t and DSG transmission. Excelent stereo!

Suggested Improvements

Standart Ipod and/or usb connection. These days, everybody carries a ipod or usb key. It would be nice to just plug in without costly ipod kit.

Overall a great car
By N. HERNANDEZ

2008 Audi A3 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove many vehicles for about 6 months. Between them were BMW 328x & 335x, Acura RDX, BMW X3, Infiniti G35x and Lexus IS 250 AWD. Audi A3 overall had all the features that I wanted, AWD, cargo flexibility, compact size, powerful engine and a good level of luxury. The A3 is impressive the way it handles. Coming from a previous S4 I was worried that the car wouldn't satisfy me but it has proved me wrong. I like this vehicle more and more as a continue to drive it.

Favorite Features

Smooth power and great transmission. The ride of the vehicle is sporty but not punishing. Flexibility of the cargo space. Size of the car is excellent since I live in NYC.

Suggested Improvements

Xenon lights should be standard at this price. Paddle shifters shouldn't turn with the steering wheel. Fuel mileage could be a little better. Touch screen navigation would make this car perfect.