Used 2008 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Great car
By deg

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my forth Audi. I've had two 5000's an A6 quattro and now this 2008 A3 2.0T 6A. My wife drives it most of the time. We both love it. Have 11700 miles on it. No trouble at all. I highly recommend the ca.

Favorite Features

Drive train and handling

Suggested Improvements

2008 did not offer quattro with2.0T

I would buy it over and over again
By Joseph Gutman

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After the fuel crunch I decided to get rid of my Mercedes E-500 AMG. I looked for fun, reliability, some luxury, good dealer service and a car that was practical. And I found all of it in the A3. Tried the 3.2 version and it ws not much better. I love driving and commuting on my A3. Nothing fails and if you go on-line you can find a few "easter-eggs" that Audi engineers left as a gift in hiding. It handles like a sports sedan and hums like a sprts car. It is just the perfect car for the person with a few bucks, without the need to be a show-off.

Favorite Features

Style, comfort. performance and economy. I am 6'3" tall and I have plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

I would love to see an extra D/C outlet close to the dash board.

Problems with Audi
By Carlos Fernandez

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

With only 5,000 miles on my brand new A3, the power window is broken, the power seat for the driver is broken, and now the transmission is giving problems. I will never buy another Audi again. This is the most problamatic car I have ever had, worst than the old Ford Explorer. I am going to ask for a refund.

Suggested Improvements

Needs new window motors, new power seat, and now new transmission with only 5,000 miles on the car

Fun, Practical, and Cool!
By youngmc8

2008 Audi A3 2.0T PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Having driven my A3 for 7+ months now, I am very happy with this purchase. My previous car was a Subaru WRX, which made me consider what I would give up in performance with an A3. Well, now I realize that for 99% of my driving, the Audi provides more than what I need. (That 1% is pushing it beyond my comfort zone anyways.) The A3 gives you refined power and handling. It is a smart blend of style and practical considerations in a sports sedan. It has been a very responsive, comfortable, and rewarding driving experience.

Favorite Features

DSG transmission with shift paddles - you gotta try these!

Suggested Improvements

A solid, instead of mesh, inside sunroof cover for those hot sunny days.

Love the A3!
By BobJ

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 7th Audi including A4s and a TT. I love this car! The 2.0 engine is a tremendous improvement over the old 1.8. The A3 is quick, has great handling, is nicely appointed and is a kick to drive. New car pricing is a bit hefty, but I bought mine at the end of the year and saved a lot. In '08, if you wanted AWD you had to buy the 3.2L engine, and the price got pretty high. I understand that they are working on the pricing issue for '09. My wife has an Acura MDX, but now she's borrowing the A3 whenever she can grab it.

Favorite Features

Great handling, 2.0L engine, interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Offer an affordable Quattro version with the 2.0L engine.