2008 Audi A3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:
Great car
By deg on 02/03/09 08:45 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my forth Audi. I've had two 5000's an A6 quattro and now this 2008 A3 2.0T 6A. My wife drives it most of the time. We both love it. Have 11700 miles on it. No trouble at all. I highly recommend the ca.

I would buy it over and over again
By Joseph Gutman on 12/21/08 13:19 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After the fuel crunch I decided to get rid of my Mercedes E-500 AMG. I looked for fun, reliability, some luxury, good dealer service and a car that was practical. And I found all of it in the A3. Tried the 3.2 version and it ws not much better. I love driving and commuting on my A3. Nothing fails and if you go on-line you can find a few "easter-eggs" that Audi engineers left as a gift in hiding. It handles like a sports sedan and hums like a sprts car. It is just the perfect car for the person with a few bucks, without the need to be a show-off.

Problems with Audi
By Carlos Fernandez on 12/17/08 14:26 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

With only 5,000 miles on my brand new A3, the power window is broken, the power seat for the driver is broken, and now the transmission is giving problems. I will never buy another Audi again. This is the most problamatic car I have ever had, worst than the old Ford Explorer. I am going to ask for a refund.

Fun, Practical, and Cool!
By youngmc8 on 11/29/08 22:10 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A3 2.0T PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Having driven my A3 for 7+ months now, I am very happy with this purchase. My previous car was a Subaru WRX, which made me consider what I would give up in performance with an A3. Well, now I realize that for 99% of my driving, the Audi provides more than what I need. (That 1% is pushing it beyond my comfort zone anyways.) The A3 gives you refined power and handling. It is a smart blend of style and practical considerations in a sports sedan. It has been a very responsive, comfortable, and rewarding driving experience.

Love the A3!
By BobJ on 11/15/08 06:27 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 7th Audi including A4s and a TT. I love this car! The 2.0 engine is a tremendous improvement over the old 1.8. The A3 is quick, has great handling, is nicely appointed and is a kick to drive. New car pricing is a bit hefty, but I bought mine at the end of the year and saved a lot. In '08, if you wanted AWD you had to buy the 3.2L engine, and the price got pretty high. I understand that they are working on the pricing issue for '09. My wife has an Acura MDX, but now she's borrowing the A3 whenever she can grab it.

This is one bad little car
By puroman on 10/31/08 20:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First road trip with the car using sport shifting with the dsg and was completely gobsmacked by the performance of this car. Goes like stink, handles the curves like it's nobody's business and that transmisssion is without a doubt the best in the world and worth the extra cash. Throw the back seats down, throw the dog in, and off you go. Lots of room for two with luggage and that's all you need. Gas mileage is superb for a car with this performance. Too bad is has to be high test but you can't get everything. Ipod setup is easy but info on instrument panel could be a little more informational and clearer. But just go drive (faster if possible) you will love this car

Excellent, Fun Car for the Money!
By ASM on 09/05/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 2.0T PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car, and I have had plenty to compare it to. I also own a Prius, which I kept, but I wanted a "fun" car, and I got that. I know everyone raves about the automatic, but frankly I love the stick shift. It is very responsive, and once you get use to the great distance the clutch goes in (I am only 5'4") shifting is very smooth! I have an hour drive to and from work everyday, and this has made it a pleasure!

Sports Car plus
By philsoc8 on 08/03/08 18:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 2.0T PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wanted a sports coupe, but couldn't live without a backseat and some cargo space. The A3 completely fits the bill. Great engine; amazing transmission; handles like it's on rails. Small size makes it tossable and zoom with an efficient engine, but the A3's real secret weapon is the practical space. Audi doesn't want you to know this, but the back seat in the A3 is bigger than that in the A4. My kids love it! True, it is not a bargain, if you price things on a per-inch basis, but if you value things because of how good they are, not just how big, you will love this car.

Great Car!
By Bzk on 07/15/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After owning several Audi vehicles, I can say that i'm a big Audi fan. So, when it was time to change my car again, I took to my local Audi dealer for my base model A3 with DSG. This car is great and I saved a good amount of money by not choosing many costly options. I'm pretty much happy with all standart equipment such as dual A/C, great stereo, excelent transmission, well designed and built interior and exterior. If you want a Audi vehicle, beware of costly options. This car can go well over $30k with a few check marks on the option list. Oh, did I mention how great the gas mileage is?

Overall a great car
By N. HERNANDEZ on 06/09/08 17:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove many vehicles for about 6 months. Between them were BMW 328x & 335x, Acura RDX, BMW X3, Infiniti G35x and Lexus IS 250 AWD. Audi A3 overall had all the features that I wanted, AWD, cargo flexibility, compact size, powerful engine and a good level of luxury. The A3 is impressive the way it handles. Coming from a previous S4 I was worried that the car wouldn't satisfy me but it has proved me wrong. I like this vehicle more and more as a continue to drive it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.