Used 2008 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

A3 Is my bad boyfriend
By samascl

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is all I ever wanted, fast, fun, charming, you don't see as many of this on the streets so it is even more unique. I call it my bad "boyfriend", I am so in love with it, I can't move forward to another car and I know the car is a lot of trouble. In a year in half that I have owned it, it had 2 problems, one with gas sensor and seal and today I am having jerking transmission and the dealer does not want to recognize it. I have read forums and a lot of people have experienced the same issue with the same dealer's answer. Buy it, you will love it, but be careful it can break ur heart when you start having mechanical issues. I still love it even that is problem car!

low profile tires, the skyline roof, the Lamborghini transmission that mine came with. the whole car.

more reliable, this cars spent more time on the dealer that on the streets!

Think it over
By zhengsmassage

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When I first bought this car I loved it! It is fun to drive, the stick shift is fast and with a few modifications this car can look nice. Good gas mileage, good sound system. I really like everything about this car except. It has given me so many problems. My car is only two years old now with 40,000 miles and currently in the shop again. My battery has gone bad after only two years! Unbelievable! I replaced the starter in the car twice, once at 8,000 miles and another at 20. Don't know how long Audi will cover it but I think there might be a bigger problem causing it. I also replaced the stereo system because of a malfunction and the windshield wiper sensor (hazard with no ww in the rain

fast, fun, interior design a plus, comfortable to drive. the manual is smooth.

Better reliability! I have an a4 and a a3, the a4 is older with 3x's the miles and it is more reliable! I have had to have the a3 towed 3 times. Thank god for Audi AAA roadside assistance.

Love Love Love It!
By Jeannek

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had to get a 4 door b/c I was pregnant but I wanted as close to a sports car w/4 doors as possible. After much research and reading, I found the A3. I am a true car junkie- grew up reading my dad's car mags & this car does everything I need it to and more. I have the S-Line & although I got the automatic instead of manual trans (hard to shift & find binkies), it is a blast to drive! The acceleration esp when you go to pass is amazing- put your foot down &/or downshift & it just goes! I know it's a little small (I'm 5'2") but my 6' husband & tall step kids all fit w/my Britax car seat. I love the hatch & when the time comes, I'll just get another one!

Performance, seats, controls and interior- I hate wood and love the S-line accents.

I Love This Car!
By Buck Greenlaw

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is an absolute riot! The A3 is truly an Audi, truly a German automobile. One might be inclined to assume that the bottom-of-the-line Audi is just that, a tepid facsimile of the brand. On the contrary, the A3 possesses all of the presence and character of a complete European luxury machine. I continue to be amazed with the build quality. The driving experience is just phenomenal. The engine note is something that must be experienced; you'd never guess a small five door could sound this wonderful. I could gush unapologetically about the car for far more than 700 characters so I will conclude with this summation: This car is sick!!!

It's not fair to make me pick just one. Therefore, I will go with the driving experience and the engine note.

Quattro + Turbo!!! Not one or the other. (Audi has rectified this after '08)

Simply well done
By phaetonboi

2008 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It was at the Atlanta Auto Show that I fell in love with the Audi A3. My current car due end of its lease was a 2006 VW Touareg. A wonderful SUV yet it was not something I would ever get again unless diesel was offered. Simply put, small engine pulling around a heavy car. Out of all the cars I saw that day, I decided the A3 was the one. Next day I leased a metallic grey pearl, open sky, premium package, and s-tronic automatic. The 2.0 engine, I believe, coupled with a flawless DSG will allow this car to drive well beyond 100,000 miles. The Open Sky, while novel, and great if rear passengers are present, is very hot in the summer.

engine + transmission=driving excellence. Interior is excellently crafted, exterior is excellent as well. The leather will maintain through the life of the car. Utility is wonderful. MPG-I get usually 23 in the city, 34 on highway.

Open Sky might warrant popped up roof strips, get them checked, mine damaged my hatch. Absolutely buy better tires after 20,000 miles on those Pirellis. No retrofit bluetooth is ridiculous, and if you live in warm weather ie above 91 like I do, the open sky will bake you alive. Road noise is loud.