2008 Audi A3 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:
King of the Mountain
By k2mtb on 04/10/13 21:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 Wagon 3.2 quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Considering how many times a season I head up to the ski slopes here in Colorado a 4wd hatchback was a must. Coming from a Subaru family I started my search there, but was put off by the WRX's insatiable need for speed.. however thanks to this site I stumbled upon the Audi A3 and haven't looked back since. I'm able to hold highway speeds in the worst snowstorms and the A3 doesn't even wiggle when charging through the midlane muck. Weaving in and out of traffic while pulling up I70 is a breeze, one swipe of the paddle shifter and I'm gone. But more-over, its the fit and finish that has won me over, everything is just as it should be and that coupled with the handling is pure eloquence.

Fast, Fun, Reliable, and Comfortable!
By jcj8 on 09/11/11 11:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned an Audi A3 for three years, and appreciate it more and more each day I drive it. The turbocharged 2.0T engine is very zippy and the short-throw 6-speed manual transmission makes driving the A3 particularly fun, but what really sets the car apart from its competition is its fantastic handling. The car loves curves and the tires stick to the road like glue. From the moment the car accelerates onto an onramp, the solid feel of Audi's suspension and quiet cabin give the passenger a sense of confidence at highway speeds. Even after three years of daily driving, nothing has broken on my A3 and its been to the shop only for its regularly scheduled and warranty-covered maintenance.

A3 Is my bad boyfriend
By samascl on 05/15/10 19:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is all I ever wanted, fast, fun, charming, you don't see as many of this on the streets so it is even more unique. I call it my bad "boyfriend", I am so in love with it, I can't move forward to another car and I know the car is a lot of trouble. In a year in half that I have owned it, it had 2 problems, one with gas sensor and seal and today I am having jerking transmission and the dealer does not want to recognize it. I have read forums and a lot of people have experienced the same issue with the same dealer's answer. Buy it, you will love it, but be careful it can break ur heart when you start having mechanical issues. I still love it even that is problem car!

Think it over
By zhengsmassage on 03/30/10 11:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When I first bought this car I loved it! It is fun to drive, the stick shift is fast and with a few modifications this car can look nice. Good gas mileage, good sound system. I really like everything about this car except. It has given me so many problems. My car is only two years old now with 40,000 miles and currently in the shop again. My battery has gone bad after only two years! Unbelievable! I replaced the starter in the car twice, once at 8,000 miles and another at 20. Don't know how long Audi will cover it but I think there might be a bigger problem causing it. I also replaced the stereo system because of a malfunction and the windshield wiper sensor (hazard with no ww in the rain

Love Love Love It!
By Jeannek on 03/23/10 09:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had to get a 4 door b/c I was pregnant but I wanted as close to a sports car w/4 doors as possible. After much research and reading, I found the A3. I am a true car junkie- grew up reading my dad's car mags & this car does everything I need it to and more. I have the S-Line & although I got the automatic instead of manual trans (hard to shift & find binkies), it is a blast to drive! The acceleration esp when you go to pass is amazing- put your foot down &/or downshift & it just goes! I know it's a little small (I'm 5'2") but my 6' husband & tall step kids all fit w/my Britax car seat. I love the hatch & when the time comes, I'll just get another one!

I Love This Car!
By Buck Greenlaw on 12/22/09 15:33 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is an absolute riot! The A3 is truly an Audi, truly a German automobile. One might be inclined to assume that the bottom-of-the-line Audi is just that, a tepid facsimile of the brand. On the contrary, the A3 possesses all of the presence and character of a complete European luxury machine. I continue to be amazed with the build quality. The driving experience is just phenomenal. The engine note is something that must be experienced; you'd never guess a small five door could sound this wonderful. I could gush unapologetically about the car for far more than 700 characters so I will conclude with this summation: This car is sick!!!

Simply well done
By phaetonboi on 08/28/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It was at the Atlanta Auto Show that I fell in love with the Audi A3. My current car due end of its lease was a 2006 VW Touareg. A wonderful SUV yet it was not something I would ever get again unless diesel was offered. Simply put, small engine pulling around a heavy car. Out of all the cars I saw that day, I decided the A3 was the one. Next day I leased a metallic grey pearl, open sky, premium package, and s-tronic automatic. The 2.0 engine, I believe, coupled with a flawless DSG will allow this car to drive well beyond 100,000 miles. The Open Sky, while novel, and great if rear passengers are present, is very hot in the summer.

Tire noise destroys a good relationship
By fbclt on 08/20/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had read other reviews that indicated tire noise could be a problem, especially with the Pirelli P6 tires. I thought I had escaped that fate as the first year was great; lot's of fun to drive, average 32.5 mpg overall, reasonably peppy and good brakes and handling. After the 16,000 miles service and tire rotation the tire howl began. I returned to Audi service who tell me that alignment and suspension are in spec and the tires are cupped which is causing the road noise. The noise has only gotten worse. Plenty of tread left but unless the Pirelli tire dealer I see Saturday does something to adjust this, I will have to report to Audi and Pirelli that they have lost a customer for life.

Gets in its own way
By big mountain on 05/14/09 19:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car if you like going to the dealer. Mechanically, it is perfect but the build quality is a disaster. Handles great, fast, average over 30 mpg in a mixed commute. Easy to park in the city. All of the doors have been taken apart for wiring harnesses being out of the clips. The radio was a mess. Seat belt receiver replaced, etc. Now I have 2 mystery rattles, the drivers door handle and an exhaust rattle.

Re-Review to BAD
By Amylynn on 04/12/09 06:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A3 Wagon 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I posted a review after I bought my Audi last August raving about it. I now wish to retract my raves! The ride and fun level are all great...but I am burning thru a quart of oil about every 1000 - 1500 miles! I can't even make it to a regular oil change without the light coming on or me putting oil in it sometimes twice. Terrible! I am dumping this thing before it dies on me. I drive 120 mile a day and can't risk being left on the side of the road, Audi care or not! I am going back to a Honda or Toyota...loved both! Too bad, such a beautiful car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.